Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126807 times)

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #4065 on: July 06, 2011, 07:57:04 PM »
And if the series does move to Hawaii, maybe we can finally find out
(click to show/hide)
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: July 06, 2011, 08:00:05 PM »
Yeah, I was trying to stay away from picking actors and actresses based on both their physical characteristics and acting chops, as that would be a heck of a lot harder to cast all 36 folks from my limited knowledge of the acting folks I'm familar with.

I think the last thing I saw Neeson in was Phantom Menace, so I can't say anything about his more recent movies (besides being the voice of Aslan in the Chronicles of Narnia movies).

I'll give you the point about Morgan.

From the physical standpoint, it was kinda frustrating for me to figure out these two--I know of several actors who I thought would have made a great Michael or Morgan at earlier points in their career, but are now either too old, not old enough, or have packed on a few too many pounds.

How about Tom Selleck for Michael or Morgan?  He's more weathered and older, although given the choice, I'd cast him as Michael instead (barring Neeson)
Check out Taken and Unknown, both are fantastic.  And A-team was decent in a fun popcorn flick sort of way, but shows him being badass at least.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Me Grimlock King

• Conversationalist
  • *Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: July 06, 2011, 08:33:57 PM »
Taken was an awesomely disturbing movie and make me never want to have daughters. 

That said, he is great in that and A-team, didn't see unknown
Magic, motherf*cker.

Offline Ziggelly

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: July 06, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
And if the series does move to Hawaii, maybe we can finally find out
(click to show/hide)
There's a WoJ that Jim was planning a story-story about Hawaii. Not sure if he's still doing it or not.

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: July 07, 2011, 11:16:47 PM »
Hmm, possibly Amber Heard for Molly?

She's closer to the height from the books than Abbie Cornish, but not as solid...
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."

Offline Navycrewbrother

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: July 08, 2011, 01:34:07 AM »
I always seen Amber Heard with the come-hither look on her face and can never imagine that expression on Molly.  I just started watching Smallville on DVD and think Allison Mack (plays Chloe) has the right look (peppy, bright, cute but not model-hot, ahem...well endowed.)

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: July 08, 2011, 01:41:07 AM »
I always seen Amber Heard with the come-hither look on her face and can never imagine that expression on Molly.  I just started watching Smallville on DVD and think Allison Mack (plays Chloe) has the right look (peppy, bright, cute but not model-hot, ahem...well endowed.)

Hmm, never seen watched Smallville.  Still, there's absolutely nothing wrong with hypothetically casting a "well endowed" actress as Molly...  ;)

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: July 08, 2011, 03:38:15 PM »
I just started watching Criminal Minds, and after seeing Amber Heard in an episode of that, I think she'd make a good Molly. And she looks young-ish enough to pass for 17 or so in Proven Guilty.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: July 08, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
I've seen Amber Heard in something before, although I can't recall what it was.  I just saw a trailer yesterday for some horror movie that she's the lead in, which made me remember her.

Offline justafan2

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: July 09, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »
Nick Mancuso around about the time of the Matrix would have been a good Marcone. Probably somebody already brought that up.

Offline BobForPresident

• Posty McPostington
  • Everything lasts forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: July 10, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »
A really great DF casting page I found: http://thefaust.wordpress.com/category/detectivesmysteries/

I'm pretty sure a lot of you have seen it. But I still dug it. :)
"Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?" - Keats

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: July 11, 2011, 02:37:54 AM »
A really great DF casting page I found: http://thefaust.wordpress.com/category/detectivesmysteries/

I'm pretty sure a lot of you have seen it. But I still dug it. :)

Huh, I hadn't seen that one before.

Umm, some of the actors/actresses they bandy about for the various characters are like...uh, what?

Clive Owen as Harry?
Elisabeth Rohm as a 5'8" Murphy?
Scott Summers as Thomas?  When did this become an X-Men crossover?!
Johnny Depp as the voice of Bob?
Nathan Fillion as Michael/Harry?
Ryan Reynolds as Marcone?
Viggo Mortensen as Thomas?

Not entirely sure how familiar some of those folks were/are with the characters in the books...

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: July 11, 2011, 04:54:43 AM »
Im hopping on the ryan renolds for marcone train love it
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: July 11, 2011, 06:49:32 AM »
Ok, at this point I think Grey Warden is just trolling us.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: July 11, 2011, 03:30:35 PM »
After discussing casting with my sister, she recommended David Tennant as Harry.  Even though I love him to death as the Doctor, I can't see him as Harry (notwithstanding the height difference).  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:50:06 PM by habu987 »