Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127151 times)

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #3210 on: February 13, 2011, 07:04:28 AM »
Guys, guys;
I have been watching a bit of Torchwood, just for the heck of it (and because James Marsters was in one episode and he is awesome.)

Anyway,
JOHN BARROWMAN FOR THOMAS! WHO'S WITH ME? (Only problem I can see is that he looks a bit too wholesome, but he's a good actor.)
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline [ISI]William_9292

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: February 13, 2011, 01:43:11 PM »
JOHN BARROWMAN FOR THOMAS!

I would have to agree, Capt Jack is very much like Thomas...

I see Jeffrey Morgan as Micheal...

And Geoffrey Rush as Father Forthill...

Sean Connery as Eb McCoy...

And I think Jim would do a great bob since he intimately knows the character ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:08:50 PM by [ISI]William_9292 »

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: February 13, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
Joe Flanigan would be a good match in size/description... but Nathan Fillion has the better drama/comic range.

I vote yes for James Marsters as Bob. 

I would be totally down with the idea of digitally scanning all the actors to capture their facial movements, and then rendering the whole series in 3D animation.  Then age is no longer a problem and you can make the series last as long as their voice can sound the age it should be.

It frees up so many other things too, now you aren't bound by physicality for finding the right actor to look like their characters description and you can prioritize the choices by their acting range and vocal ability for the part.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: February 13, 2011, 03:57:56 PM »
JOHN BARROWMAN FOR THOMAS! WHO'S WITH ME? (Only problem I can see is that he looks a bit too wholesome, but he's a good actor.)

Have you ever seen anyone who looked more like Tom Cruise? Wow. Anyway, I'm not sure he's quite right for the complexity of Thomas - as you said, he looks a little too wholesome, more the hot-headed hero look than the angelic and mysterious bad boy.

Joe Flanigan would be a good match in size/description... but Nathan Fillion has the better drama/comic range.

I vote yes for James Marsters as Bob. 

I would be totally down with the idea of digitally scanning all the actors to capture their facial movements, and then rendering the whole series in 3D animation.  Then age is no longer a problem and you can make the series last as long as their voice can sound the age it should be.

It frees up so many other things too, now you aren't bound by physicality for finding the right actor to look like their characters description and you can prioritize the choices by their acting range and vocal ability for the part.

Hurray!!! Another vote for Marsters as Bob!  ;D

I like the idea of doing it all in digital because of the freedom it provides but I'm not so sure the technology is there yet. I mean, they've done movies like that - looking so much better than I would have thought possible - but it still gets rubbery in spots. So I'm not sure I'm ready for DF to be that way - at least not just yet.
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: February 13, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
I would have to agree, Capt Jack is very much like Thomas...

I see Jeffrey Morgan as Micheal...

Sean Connery as Eb McCoy...

And I think Jim would do a great bob since he intimately knows the character ;)

There seems to be something wrong with Google Image Search. I tried looking for Jeffrey Morgan, but it keeps giving me pictures of Javier Bardem. (Seriously, the resemblance is eerie)
And I've never really had much of an image for Forthill in my mind, but Rush looks a bit too creepy for the part.
And while Connery is awesome, I'd prefer to see Jeff Bridges as Eb. At least he'd bother with the accent.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: February 13, 2011, 05:37:18 PM »

Jeffery                                                           Javier

Your right it is eerie...

Bridges would work too i guess...

Offline DeaSis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: February 13, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »
Adam Baldwin as Warden Morgan!

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: February 13, 2011, 06:13:22 PM »
Hm...actually, Jeffrey Dean Morgan could make a great Michael. He's certainly the closest match that I've heard so far. I'd want him to beef up a little to play Michael but I think he could do an excellent job. I love Michael and I'm so pleased to finally have an actor I could approve to play him!!!  ;D

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: February 13, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
In terms of looks, Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be a good Michael. However, the only thing I've seen him in is Watchmen, so I don't know how well he'd be able to play Michael. I've heard he's in Supernatural, but I've only seen bits and pieces of that show.

After looking at the description of the Erlking's face in Changes, I think that his face should be modeled after Tom Waits.
Upon his face, the hideous asymmetries of the goblins of his hall were all reflected and somehow transformed. Though he, too, shared the irregular batch of features, upon him their fundamental repulsiveness was muted into a kind of roguish distinction.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: February 13, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »
In terms of looks, Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be a good Michael. However, the only thing I've seen him in is Watchmen, so I don't know how well he'd be able to play Michael. I've heard he's in Supernatural, but I've only seen bits and pieces of that show.

He was awesome in Supernatural... thats why i liked him for Micheal

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3220 on: February 13, 2011, 08:22:49 PM »
Martin=Keanu Reeves

You're asking for a shotgun to the face, boyo.

Malcom Dresden=Nathan Fillion
He Who Walks Behind (Voice)=Ron Perlman

I like.

Really?  I always saw him as Morgan.

After looking at the description of the Erlking's face in Changes, I think that his face should be modeled after he should be played by Tom Waits.

FIFY! ;D
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: February 13, 2011, 08:43:25 PM »
You're asking for a shotgun to the face, boyo.
I'm sort of joking here. I mean, Martin is bland. But I honestly think that Keanu is a bit underrated. I've liked him in some stuff. (If you ignore that it was supposed to be based on the comics, Constantine was an okay movie.)

FIFY! ;D

Well, I said that because, while I want his face to look like Tom Waits', Keith David has to do the voice. Come on, it's freaking Goliath/Anderson/The Cat from Coraline/The Arbiter/Dr. Facillier/a crapload of other voices.

Also, any ideas for Ramirez? I really don't know of that many hispanic actors. Let's see: John Huertas, Benicio Del Toro, Danny Trejo, Antonio Banderas(who I don't really like for any role in the Dresden Files). And that's it. Damn it, why does Ricardo Montalban have to be dead. He would make an AWESOME Ortega.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: February 13, 2011, 10:57:08 PM »

I've never seen Watchmen but he was amazing in Supernatural. His acting range is really good  - as evidenced in Supernatural where he got to play a very complex father character as well as portraying a demon in one or two episodes.) As the Winchesters' father he does both caring father and awesome badass, which to me says he can do Michael.

His appearances were most prevalent in the second half of the first season so if you want to see how you'd like him you only have to watch the first season. (Although after that you just won't want to quit.) ;)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: February 13, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »
The guy to play Ramirez has to be young, 20 to 30, so I was thinking the guy that played fez on that 70s show.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: February 13, 2011, 11:52:58 PM »
The guy to play Ramirez has to be young, 20 to 30, so I was thinking the guy that played fez on that 70s show.

Really??

I was thinking more along the lines of Mario Lopez