Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127117 times)

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #3045 on: January 30, 2011, 07:13:06 AM »
*glad everyone forgot it was he who mentioned TC agian*

yes well how about *sad* heath Ledger for Madrigal Wraith in "Perfect" Casting

I'd certainly approve of that - although I'd actually rather seem him as Thomas in this "Perfect Casting" scenario. He's one of the few who could actually pull of the long, curly hair and make it look natural and sexy. I know he was a blond but just darken it a little and I could forgive that. *sigh* He was a great actor.
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline kingaling

• Conversationalist
  • THE VOICES ARENT REAL, but have some good ideas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: January 30, 2011, 10:06:46 AM »
I'm really thinking of Craig Bierko. The dude's a great actor (obviously has a sense of humor), has the look of Harry already and is 6' 5''

And JUST found an inteview he did for scary movie 4, he even (to me) SOUNDS like Harry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il52a40YToY

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:11:28 AM by kingaling »
Son of Blampira and father to the vampire in her sig.

"It's good to be King." - Mel Brooks

"I have an idea! An idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Offline SmartAlec

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 30, 2011, 04:17:13 PM »
Do I HAVE to play the Hannibal Lechter card again?  Anthony Hopkins gets my Nicodemus Vote.

Would have said Sam 'The Omen/Event Horizon' Neill myself, but I think he's gotten a little too old too, sadly.

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: January 30, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »
It's a shame as I agree with you on that one. 
Hows'about

David Wenham for Nicodemus?

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 30, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »

He seems kind of young but I think he'd do a great job. He's so versitile (for proof, just look at his roles in LOTR and Van Helsing) and personally, I'd really love to seem him do such a scary role. Good pick!  :)

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3050 on: January 30, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »
NO.

TOM.

CRUISE.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline kingaling

• Conversationalist
  • THE VOICES ARENT REAL, but have some good ideas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 30, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »
It's a shame as I agree with you on that one.  
Hows'about

Damn I love me some David Wenham. Not sure why I didn't think of him earlier. A little young for Nic (I always imagined Colm Feore as Nic), but should definitely be somewhere. Lemme think on this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:45:30 PM by kingaling »
Son of Blampira and father to the vampire in her sig.

"It's good to be King." - Mel Brooks

"I have an idea! An idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." - Peter Griffin

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 31, 2011, 06:13:08 AM »
There are two roles I could see Tom Cruise doing; either Larry Fowler or Madrigal Raith. The man can actually act, as evidenced by his role in Tropic Thunder. Nothing else though.

While I still stand by my earlier suggestion of Timothy Dalton as Nicodemus, Alan Rickman would also do a damn good job.

As for other characters...
-Terrence Stamp for The Merlin.
-Adrien Brody for Kincaid (I'm basing this on his performance in Predators, which proves that not only can he play a badass convincingly, he can do the gravely, Clint Eastwood-esque voice that Christian Bale fails at as Batman.)
-Eddie Izzard as the voice of Bob. I think he'd be a pretty good fit for Butters, but I'm not sure how well he can sound american, since he sounds extremely British.
-Julian Richings fo Grevane. Grevane's described as pretty gaunt and corpselike already, and he definitely fits the bill. (He's Death on Supernatural, if that helps.) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724995/
-Danny Trejo for The Red King. Yeah, I know that the RK is supposed to be kinda short, but whatever. We need someone who can be intimidating as the RK, and he qualifies.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 31, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »
There are two roles I could see Tom Cruise doing; either Larry Fowler or Madrigal Raith. The man can actually act, as evidenced by his role in Tropic Thunder. Nothing else though.

While I still stand by my earlier suggestion of Timothy Dalton as Nicodemus, Alan Rickman would also do a damn good job.

As for other characters...
-Terrence Stamp for The Merlin.
-Adrien Brody for Kincaid (I'm basing this on his performance in Predators, which proves that not only can he play a badass convincingly, he can do the gravely, Clint Eastwood-esque voice that Christian Bale fails at as Batman.)
-Eddie Izzard as the voice of Bob. I think he'd be a pretty good fit for Butters, but I'm not sure how well he can sound american, since he sounds extremely British.
-Julian Richings fo Grevane. Grevane's described as pretty gaunt and corpselike already, and he definitely fits the bill. (He's Death on Supernatural, if that helps.) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724995/
-Danny Trejo for The Red King. Yeah, I know that the RK is supposed to be kinda short, but whatever. We need someone who can be intimidating as the RK, and he qualifies.

Tom Cruise, to the best of my knowledge, was NOT in Tropic Thunder.
And NO Tom Cruise in a DF movie anywhere.  Not now - not never.

Possible suggestion for Harry - Chris Pine - I know his eyes are blue but you could cover that with contacts.
He's tall and hawk featured and he can act.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 31, 2011, 06:35:12 AM »
Tom Cruise, to the best of my knowledge, was NOT in Tropic Thunder.

yes he was, he was the fat executive movie guy, planning on getting the insurance money on the actors deaths or something. that's probably why you don't remember him, he was bald and wearing glasses and a fat suit.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 31, 2011, 06:37:36 AM »
yes he was, he was the fat executive movie guy, planning on getting the insurance money on the actors deaths or something. that's probably why you don't remember him, he was bald and wearing glasses and a fat suit.

Okay, I stand corrected.  Still NO Tom Cruise in a DF movie.  NOT EVER!!!

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 31, 2011, 09:35:20 AM »
Honestly, if he was just in a bit part, I would be ok with it. He's not a bad actor, he's just a bit crazy.

-Lara Raith=Stana Katic (No, this idea is in no influenced by the fact that she would have to be almost nude for the role at some point, not at all.)
-Another idea for Bob's voice: Quentin Tarantino.

And I hadn't thought of Chris Pine before, since he seems a bit young, but he might work as Harry.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 31, 2011, 12:20:45 PM »
I'm a big fan of Chris Pine, myself, so you won't here any complaints from me, either.  ;D

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3058 on: January 31, 2011, 02:51:09 PM »
I like the Danny Trejo idea.  And the Stana Katic idea.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline scotcat

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 31, 2011, 04:44:23 PM »
NO.

TOM.

CRUISE.

Agreed.  No Tom Cruise in a DF movie. Ever.

I think Eddie Izard would be great as Bob's voice.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.