Linked Events

• Jim signs in Kansas City, MO: April 12, 2010

Author Topic: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO  (Read 56539 times)

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
Re: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2010, 05:50:34 AM »
Glad to see you all made it out alive! Did Jim have a chance to join you at the IHOP, or did he learn his lesson well enough last year?? ;) :D
He was dirt tired by the end, which was about 10pm. So he went home to go to bed. Which is why it was IHOP; nothing else was open that late close by on a Monday night.

Maybe next time. >_>
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Aine

« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »
I'm not sure what the pose, or 'browning was - but there's a chance that I might have captured some of that on the camera?

Well, you see...Jim does sort of a Superman type pose, hands on hips (and usually a big cheesy smile).  And the 'browing is with one brow lifted, much like the pictures in the back of the book.  Did you get any of those?  Also, you can post pics in the "Pictures of Jim on tour" thread:  http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,2935.330.html

Glad to see you all made it out alive! Did Jim have a chance to join you at the IHOP, or did he learn his lesson well enough last year?? ;) :D

Lesson?  What lesson?  He *loves* us. 

>.>

<.<

Offline Lionheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2010, 11:48:48 PM »
Bah, finally have a chance to post.  Well I must say it was great to meet everyone and if I was a bit of lurker and not much of a conversationalist... Well it's how I am :D  Had tons of fun playing Munchkin with everyone it's been at least 2  or 3 years since I played last.  I must say I am saddened to have my theory of the temple dog/foo dog distinction killed, however when I had him sign my books he confirmed a tidbit about the Blackstaff.  The Blackstaff functions as a buffer or filter that catches and absorbs/eats the taint of the black magic while powering itself off the soul of the user.  It is, as described in the book, a living thing and practically sentient.  The tendrils advancing into and up the user's arm are more aggressive and hostile rather than pulling out the taint.  Woot.

Well I've probably the ultimate lurker LOL with only a few dozen posts in 4 years.  It was pretty cool to meet other fans though since I couldn't get anyone to come all the way to KC with me.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2010, 12:44:53 AM »

>.>

<.<

Like a crack dealer loves his junkies! Hah!  :D
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline BandofHermits

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2010, 03:02:35 AM »
Well, you see...Jim does sort of a Superman type pose, hands on hips (and usually a big cheesy smile).  And the 'browing is with one brow lifted, much like the pictures in the back of the book.  Did you get any of those?  Also, you can post pics in the "Pictures of Jim on tour" thread:  http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,2935.330.html

>.>

<.<

I know that I don't have a superman pose, but I'll check to see if I caught any raised eyebrows. Sent you about 14 of you, swords, and what appeared to be the group that had been hanging around most the day there. No clue who anyone was except for you - but probably some of several of the people on this thread  :)  And if I see any cool shots of Jim, I'll stick them on that other thread.

Aine

« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2010, 05:33:57 AM »
I know that I don't have a superman pose, but I'll check to see if I caught any raised eyebrows. Sent you about 14 of you, swords, and what appeared to be the group that had been hanging around most the day there. No clue who anyone was except for you - but probably some of several of the people on this thread  :)  And if I see any cool shots of Jim, I'll stick them on that other thread.

You took some fabulous pics, BoH.  I've got them in my photobucket and I'll put some more in the Pic's thread with some captions.  :D  Thanks so much for taking them and sending them to me!  *squees*

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it...here is the link to the chat many people asked for:

http://www.medusasgarden.com/undertown.htm

Aine

Offline BandofHermits

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2010, 01:35:26 PM »
You took some fabulous pics, BoH.  I've got them in my photobucket and I'll put some more in the Pic's thread with some captions.  :D  Thanks so much for taking them and sending them to me!  *squees*

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it...here is the link to the chat many people asked for:

http://www.medusasgarden.com/undertown.htm

Thank you Aine  :) The evening was a lot of fun! I'll take more shots next signing!

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »
It was an awesome night!

I had so much fun meeting everyone, and playing Munchkin/Chthulu was a riot!!

All those pics are awesome, BoH!

I'll get mine up in the next couple of days, along with some that Lionheart sent me.  But first, I have to get the Q&A typed up.  ;)

Offline BandofHermits

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:53 PM »
It was an awesome night!

I had so much fun meeting everyone, and playing Munchkin/Chthulu was a riot!!

All those pics are awesome, BoH!

I'll get mine up in the next couple of days, along with some that Lionheart sent me.  But first, I have to get the Q&A typed up.  ;)

Thank you!

Next time around, I'll be a little more snap-happy. That is, assuming I know everyone here better by then  :)

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2010, 11:25:32 PM »
You already do know us better!   :D

Although, I'm sure you noticed that we really tried to avoid attracting attention.

<.<

>.>

>.>

<.<

Like a crack dealer loves his junkies! Hah!  :D

Jim totally loves us!  We had swords and costumes, we asked a lot of questions, and we even helped him tape up his ice pack!  We are the awesomest stalkers fans EVAR!

Offline Bludrose

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2010, 12:46:16 AM »
I loved meeting everyone and playing Munchkin Chthulu. Too bad about the food at IHOP, but the company was awesome! I can't wait til next time.

Offline BandofHermits

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2010, 03:29:48 AM »
You already do know us better!   :D

Although, I'm sure you noticed that we really tried to avoid attracting attention.

True - every time I read in the forum, I *think* I know everyone better ... although - I could be wrong?  :P

And yeah - I wouldn't have noticed all of you, if someone hadn't pointed you out ... and if you hadn't of been wearing clothing that was more in place with characters in the books, rather than mundane Earth people (like myself)  .. and if you hadn't of been the more active, and vocal of all the people there ... and ...  ;D

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
Exactly.  We're a very subtle group.

Well, subtle as compared to a rioting mob.   ;)

Aine

« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2010, 09:04:43 PM »
Added for clarification: that rioting mob in the Plaza was *not* us.  :D