Linked Events

• Jim signs in Kansas City, MO: April 12, 2010

Author Topic: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO  (Read 57078 times)

Offline JoaquinRojo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
Did anybody get pics of that guy who was there in full platemail?

Aine

« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2010, 07:36:53 PM »
I would also like to thank the awesome people at Borders.  They totally went above and beyond.  What a great time that was!

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »
Good meeting as many of you as I met tonight.  And sorry for those of you that I didn't meet.  ;)

Also, I feel I owe the city of Lee's Summit my sincere apologies for having to suffer through my singing.  Next time we play Munchkin Cthulhu, let someone win who has a decent singing voice.  ;)

And kudos to Jim, who was still signing books, even though he had to get an ice pack for his signing wrist...and that while the line was still snaking halfway through the bookstore. 

But hey, singing allowed you to win the game, so it was worth it right? ;D
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »
I'd also like to say it was definitely fun meeting all of you forum peoples. Thanks for making me feel welcome in the group!
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline dannaden

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
But hey, singing allowed you to win the game, so it was worth it right? ;D

I'll leave that for you to decide.  WAS it worth having to listen to me warble? 

If everyone is *really* interested in hearing me sing, you ought to come to one of our shows.  I'm part of our local community theatre...

(*ahem* Actually, I'm ~President~...which is to say that I moved too slowly when the last President sapped me with the blackjack and dragged me into office)

...and we're putting on the musical, "Annie".  I may or may not actually *land* a part in the show (sometimes it's *not* always good to be the King), but if I do, I'll post the info somewhere hereabouts.

I tell you all this so you know how lucky you are.  I *could've* broken into "Tomorrow"...   ::)

Offline Lionheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »
Aine I still feel horrible about forgetting to hit record on your camcorder.  Knight that was the second time I've ate at an IHOP and can't say I'm too impressed.  All we have is Denny's but you really can't frak up scrambled eggs or fried bacon.

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2010, 09:03:58 PM »
Aine I still feel horrible about forgetting to hit record on your camcorder.  Knight that was the second time I've ate at an IHOP and can't say I'm too impressed.  All we have is Denny's but you really can't frak up scrambled eggs or fried bacon.
Hm.

I felt fine afterward/today. *Shrugs*

I know there's a Denny's not too far from that IHOP, but I don't recall how late they're open, or if they're open at all. That late on a weeknight, we're strapped for options.  :-\
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline Lionheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2010, 10:36:46 PM »
To me the food wasn't really the big thing.  Just fun going out and talking about books with folks.

Aine

« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2010, 11:59:31 PM »

I feel a little sad we missed one of Jim's official poses and 'browings, but there were plenty of witnesses there who I am sure will testify to the important part.  (For the people who missed it, we were trying to get the fact that you don't have to have sex in order to get Whampire protection all officially on tape and stuff, 'cause you just know someone is gonna argue about it.  ;) )

Offline BandofHermits

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2010, 12:51:35 AM »
I'm not sure what the pose, or 'browning was - but there's a chance that I might have captured some of that on the camera?

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2010, 01:22:16 AM »
Bah, finally have a chance to post.  Well I must say it was great to meet everyone and if I was a bit of lurker and not much of a conversationalist... Well it's how I am :D  Had tons of fun playing Munchkin with everyone it's been at least 2  or 3 years since I played last.  I must say I am saddened to have my theory of the temple dog/foo dog distinction killed, however when I had him sign my books he confirmed a tidbit about the Blackstaff.  The Blackstaff functions as a buffer or filter that catches and absorbs/eats the taint of the black magic while powering itself off the soul of the user.  It is, as described in the book, a living thing and practically sentient.  The tendrils advancing into and up the user's arm are more aggressive and hostile rather than pulling out the taint.  Woot.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:34:18 AM by Wizard H »
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2010, 01:24:34 AM »
Well I must say it was great to meat everyone...

So that's why you kept drooling when talking to us. :P Glad to meet you WizH, it was a fun night.

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2010, 01:33:57 AM »
So that's why you kept drooling when talking to us. :P Glad to meet you WizH, it was a fun night.
Huh... Err, I know not of which you speak...  >.>  Lol...
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2010, 01:41:51 AM »
Also, I stole the answer to the question you ask Jim about the blackstaff and posted it over in another thread where there was alot of blackstaff speculation.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,17124.msg776981.html#new

Such a juicy tidbit of info needed to be shared. ;D

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2010, 05:31:57 AM »
Glad to see you all made it out alive! Did Jim have a chance to join you at the IHOP, or did he learn his lesson well enough last year?? ;) :D
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D