Linked Events

• Jim signs in Kansas City, MO: April 12, 2010

Author Topic: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO  (Read 56527 times)

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
Re: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2010, 11:04:36 PM »
But even if you *just* get to hang out with forum peoples, it's still pretty epic. 
Indeed, but...A chance to dine with Jim!

That's all kinds of epic! I know myself and two friends would love a shot at that.

Looks like I probably ought to give that Borders a call, and check their policies on some stuff.

...Like if you need to buy a copy of the book to be there.  :P

(I've got all the others in paperback because it's cheaper. Which is especially important right now.)

But yes, that sounds fun no matter what.
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »
Indeed, but...A chance to dine with Jim!

That's all kinds of epic! I know myself and two friends would love a shot at that.

Looks like I probably ought to give that Borders a call, and check their policies on some stuff.

...Like if you need to buy a copy of the book to be there.  :P

(I've got all the others in paperback because it's cheaper. Which is especially important right now.)

But yes, that sounds fun no matter what.
No, you don't need to buy a copy there.  But if you bring a copy of Changes, bring your receipt with you.  They require it since they'll be selling it too.

Offline Bludrose

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2010, 02:08:10 AM »
Okay - the SplatterCon name tage idea is awsome! I have a color printer and a bunch of stick on name tags - email me to let me know who wants one (while supplies last) ;D

Seriously - I live and work in Lee's Summit and am so excited! I've hooked my kids on the Dresden files, my husband is a Codex Alera fan so the whole family will be out! It will be great to see everyone from the boards.

P.S. - Right now White Knight is on clearance for $5.99 if you haven't gotten it already.

Hope to see you all there!

Aine

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2010, 04:50:13 AM »
Yes.  I'd like mine to say:

"HI! I'm...
A Rabble Rouser." 

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2010, 05:28:16 AM »
Mine could say;
Hi I'm, ...
A Batty Bookworm.
:D
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Themostocles

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2010, 06:30:46 PM »
So do we want to meet up before hand, and eat lunch and talk before descending on the unsuspecting bookstore?

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »
So do we want to meet up before hand, and eat lunch and talk before descending on the unsuspecting bookstore?
I'm not against meeting, even though I'm not terribly familiar with most of you people (my fault, really).  ;) :P

Though, wouldn't it be supper, not lunch?

I would note that while I'd likely be very schedule-open (being jobless does that  :(), my two friends (non forum-goers) might not be as free.

Any particular place you were thinking? There's a lot of eating joints right near the Borders there.
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Themostocles

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »
I figured we could meet pre-signing, mid-afternoon, so it leaves us plenty of time to talk and get to the store at a decent time.  We can always, of course still go out afterwards.  Would you like to make some suggestions on restraunts, since you are probably more familiar than I am with what is over there?

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2010, 09:37:57 PM »
Okay - the SplatterCon name tage idea is awsome! I have a color printer and a bunch of stick on name tags - email me to let me know who wants one (while supplies last) ;D

Seriously - I live and work in Lee's Summit and am so excited! I've hooked my kids on the Dresden files, my husband is a Codex Alera fan so the whole family will be out! It will be great to see everyone from the boards.

P.S. - Right now White Knight is on clearance for $5.99 if you haven't gotten it already.

Hope to see you all there!

I would love a nametag with

Hi! I'm...

Immersed

And I've come up with an idea for getting Jim to go out with us after (or before!) the signing... Aine and Themo need to plant the idea when they're in Houston!  Since they've already dined with Jim once, and probably will again in Houston, they should be able to start weilding some influence!   ;D

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2010, 06:00:23 AM »
I would love a nametag with

Hi! I'm...

Immersed

And I've come up with an idea for getting Jim to go out with us after (or before!) the signing... Aine and Themo need to plant the idea when they're in Houston!  Since they've already dined with Jim once, and probably will again in Houston, they should be able to start weilding some influence!   ;D
Sounds like a plan! Let us know how it works out.

I figured we could meet pre-signing, mid-afternoon, so it leaves us plenty of time to talk and get to the store at a decent time.  We can always, of course still go out afterwards.  Would you like to make some suggestions on restraunts, since you are probably more familiar than I am with what is over there?
Well...bit of research tells me the Chipman Shopping Center has the following restaurants: Bob Evans, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chili's, Custard's Last Stand, Jason's Deli, Longhorn Steakhouse, On the Border, Panda Express, Planet Sub, Spin! Neapolitan Pizza, Starbucks, and Subway.

Info found here.

I'm a pretty open eater, though obviously some of those will be better than others for sitting down and chatting, Jim or no Jim.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »
It doesn't make alot of difference to me where we meet up if we do a meal together but preferably someplace where it is possible to have a conversation.  Longhorn or Chili's sounds good to me.  I think Buffalo Wild Wings may be a bit noisier than we want.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2010, 08:27:20 PM »
It doesn't make alot of difference to me where we meet up if we do a meal together but preferably someplace where it is possible to have a conversation.  Longhorn or Chili's sounds good to me.  I think Buffalo Wild Wings may be a bit noisier than we want.
Longhorn might be pricier. Chili's would work; I've heard On the Border is decent Mexican, and makes great chips.

You're right about BWW, though. That one, at least, tends to be very loud.

Again, I'm not sure if I can 100% commit, but I'm open, both to the idea, and in general with schedule.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »
While I haven't been to that specific one, Jason's Deli is very nice.  Lot's of food choices including a salad bar, and they have tables that can be put together for larger groups.  Also it's quieter so you can talk.

Here's a link to the menu, I'm not sure if it will work since it's pdf.
http://www.jasonsdeli.com/files/pdf/menu/dmieast.pdf
Here's one to the Lee's Summit page of the website, you can click to see the menu on the right.
http://www.jasonsdeli.com/restaurants/mo/lee-s-summit/64081/lee

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »
While I haven't been to that specific one, Jason's Deli is very nice.  Lot's of food choices including a salad bar, and they have tables that can be put together for larger groups.  Also it's quieter so you can talk.

Here's a link to the menu, I'm not sure if it will work since it's pdf.
http://www.jasonsdeli.com/files/pdf/menu/dmieast.pdf
Here's one to the Lee's Summit page of the website, you can click to see the menu on the right.
http://www.jasonsdeli.com/restaurants/mo/lee-s-summit/64081/lee
I haven't been to that one either. I suppose I could "scout it out" a couple days ahead of time, or something, if people want me to. Though part of me would prefer to not spend too much extra money on food. For obvious reasons.  ;)

That all said. Any proposals for time? We have a small list of places, now we just need times. As well, are people thinking of going somewhere afterward, whether or not Jim is in tow (the aforementioned "after thingy")?

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »
Lunch is looking iffy for me.  The babysitter aka grandma, has to work after all.  The earliest I'm looking at is I can be there around four pm.  What time was it we were looking at for presign hookup?