Linked Events

• Jim signs in Kansas City, MO: April 12, 2010

Author Topic: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO  (Read 56019 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO
« on: February 01, 2010, 07:09:05 PM »
4/12/2010, 7:00PM

BORDERS #464/Lee's Summit
1664 N.W. Chipman Road
Lee's Summit, MO 64081

Reading and signing.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:30:24 PM »
Does this mean if I buy my copy day of release at my closer Borders I can still get it signed at this one?  B&N did that, but I don't know about Borders.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 11:59:11 PM »
Does this mean if I buy my copy day of release at my closer Borders I can still get it signed at this one?  B&N did that, but I don't know about Borders.

It's considered good form to buy something at a bookstore when you go for a signing, but at many bookstores, it doesn't have to be the book you're getting signed.  You might want to call that location and inquire about their signing policy, though.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:15:25 AM »
Yeah, I'll just call the store.  B&N was good with SmFv being signed as long as it was purchased at a B&N and you had the sales slip.  Hopefully Borders will be the same.  They are after all chains not indies.  I just don't have the money to buy two, and well I don't see me being able to wait till the 12th :D.

Offline drainbread

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »
*grumbles*

This is the nearest one and it's still 276ish miles away >:(

Offline skakid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 02:10:20 AM »
*sigh* I live in Independence and still can't get to a signing.  I'm leaving for a work conference this day. 
Last year it was tickets to a show forced on me by my wife and parents in April and a vacation in May. 

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:01:19 AM »
I'll be there :D  I have a question though I had already planned on taking a camera, should I take my video camera as well so that I can make a video for the forums?  It would be simple enough to tape the proceedings break it into sections and post it on youtube.  Assuming Borders allows cameras of course.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 01:16:51 PM »
I'll be there :D  I have a question though I had already planned on taking a camera, should I take my video camera as well so that I can make a video for the forums?  It would be simple enough to tape the proceedings break it into sections and post it on youtube.  Assuming Borders allows cameras of course.

Please do!  If Borders is cool with it, of course. :D

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 01:43:34 AM »
Curses!  I called the Store tonight to check on this and the shift manager said normally they don't allow recording devices in store but since I told them it would be for the official website forums they suggested I call Friday and speak with the General Manager as she would have the final OK.  So here's hoping she agrees. :D
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »
So I called Borders and found out the policy for signings.  They don't require you to buy the book there to get it signed, but you must bring your receipt if you already have the book since they will be selling it.  So I can get the book day of release at my local Borders and have it signed at the Lee's Summit one. :)

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »
So bad news guys, the store says that since al their products are copy-righted material they cannot allow recording devices in-store without special exemption from their corporate office.  They said it is something they can normally only allow for news crews. :(

Aine

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 11:02:50 PM »
This might have been one of those situations where it was better to seek forgiveness than ask permission.  ;)

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 03:52:16 AM »
I think I might be going to this signing...

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »
Should we all wear name tags or something? ;D

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 11:57:30 PM »
Should we all wear name tags or something? ;D
Yes, Splattercon style!