Linked Events

• Jim at Dragon*Con: September 03, 2010 - September 06, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010  (Read 83336 times)

Offline misterblueyes

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2010, 11:26:50 PM »
The friend I was going with to Dragon*Con has had some unexpected family expenses that ate up the travel budget, and will not be able to attend. She has already paid for her membership credentials, and while these are non-refundable, they are transferrable, per Dragon*Con policy:
Refund/Transfer Policy
We do not offer refunds for memberships. If you can't attend Dragon*Con after you've pre-registered you may transfer your membership to another person. This notice of transfer must be in writing and have the signatures of both the original member and the new member.

There will be a $20 transfer fee.

If anybody is interested, she's offering her membership for $20, plus the $20 transfer fee to Dragon*Con, a total of $40. Original cost through Dragon*Con was $80, the current cost is $90, and after July 19 it will be $100.
Note that this is just for attendance to the Con, it doesn't include hotel or meals. If anyone is interested, PM me to work out the transfer.

I am definitely interested in your friends ticket contact me Diana misterblueyes6665@gmail.com

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »

I am definitely interested in your friends ticket contact me Diana misterblueyes6665@gmail.com

I got an offer on the ticket from somebody here yesterday. If the check comes, it's sold. If not, I'll repost it here.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline misterblueyes

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2010, 08:24:49 AM »
Hi,

I am looking for tickets to Dragon Con. I need three total. If anyone knows of anyone that can't make it to the show and has already bought their tickets and wants to recoup some of their money, please let me know. My email is: Misterblueyes6665@gmail.com

Blessings,
Diana

Offline llwaynest

• Conversationalist
  • Major General Toot Toot Minimus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2010, 07:16:24 PM »
A word about registration. It will be the longest line, bar none, at this convention. If you have the ability to pick up your badge Thursday evening, I strongly suggest that you do. Get in line as early as you can. Anyone thinking they can go to registration at 10:00 am Friday and get in in less than 2 hours is dreaming.

My hubby will be down there by noon on Thursday so that when the line opens at 4, he will be able to pick up our badges with a minimum of fuss. I will have to give him a copy of my license and a note saying, Please give my badge to my precious hubby, since I will be at work that day.

This is one of the biggest issues they have at this convention, imho, so please, please, please, allow yourself plenty of time to pick up your badge and still see what you would like to see.

If you cannot get there on Thursday, then I hope you get in line by 8:00 am on any of the subsequent days that you show up.

Also, it will be hot, so bring plenty of fluids, wear light clothing and a hat, and try to have a line buddy so if you have to use the facilities, you don't have to lose your place.
"I would rather be drunk than eaten"
Master Ferus

Offline geminigrey

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2010, 07:21:43 PM »
Another thing..if you haven't registered for tickets, by now they're the same price as they'll be at the door.. you're better off buying them on site.  You won't have your name printed on your badge, but your line will be MUCH shorter than the prereg line. 

They've also started having panels and content earlier, like first thing Friday morning, so as it's been said, highly recommend getting badges on Thursday. 

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2010, 08:12:27 PM »
A word about registration. It will be the longest line, bar none, at this convention. If you have the ability to pick up your badge Thursday evening, I strongly suggest that you do. Get in line as early as you can. Anyone thinking they can go to registration at 10:00 am Friday and get in in less than 2 hours is dreaming.

Thanks for the info. I changed my reservations to get in Thursday, instead of Friday. *$ grumble*
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline llwaynest

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »
Ticketmaster is not selling tickets this year, which is kind of too bad because that line was always the shortest. (I went that route once and it took me about 20 minutes to go through the line.)
Master Ferus

Offline Bryan Swanson

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2010, 06:22:32 PM »
Does anyone know what Jim's schedule will be at Dragon Con?

I have looked on the Dragon Con site and can not find any specific information concerning Jim's Schedule.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
What part of my answer did you not understand, the "N" or the "O"?

DV Bryan Swanson YR5.9 FR2.9  BK++ RP++ JB TH WG CL+ BC+

Offline llwaynest

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »
Dragon Con will probably post the official schedule about a week before the con starts. They put it out in pdf so you can download it and plan what you want to do. Some of the tracks have their schedules posted, i.e. American SciFi, but most wait until closer to the event because of last minute changes in the guest list.

Today I just received my booklet in the mail (squeeee). It doesn't have any official programming, but it does have some cool stuff in it. (The farewell concert of the Brobdignagian Bards, for example.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:07:48 PM by llwaynest »
Master Ferus

Offline Zolt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »
Sadly I cannot attend because I'm going to a wedding that week: mine.
I am not insane. But the voices in my head probably are.

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »
Sadly I cannot attend because I'm going to a wedding that week: mine.

Heh, have it at Draconcon.  :D
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Holocron.Coder

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »
I received the small Progress Report booklet in the mail and glanced through it.

It seems that Jim Butcher is (tentatively?) schedule to be on the Writer's Track. Talks about how to write, discussions, etc.

DV HolocronCoder v1.2 YR3 FR1.5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH+ WG+++ CL+ BC+ MC+++++ SH[Murph++ Molly+ Thomas---]

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2010, 08:52:31 PM »
SAS, would you be interested in interest from a complete RPG noob who has never played any sort of RPG before?  ;)

*edited to fix subject/verb agreement.  :D

Glad to.  I'm not able to set up games on the books (since I have a possible work conflict).  If everything works out I'll have lots of time and no scheduled games.  See you there.  If you'd like to coordinate, my email is saintandsinner.jmj@gmail.com.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline Holocron.Coder

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »
Glad to.  I'm not able to set up games on the books (since I have a possible work conflict).  If everything works out I'll have lots of time and no scheduled games.  See you there.  If you'd like to coordinate, my email is saintandsinner.jmj@gmail.com.

I'm interested in an at-Dragon*Con game. I have a friend or two that may be interested as well. Shall I send you an email?
DV HolocronCoder v1.2 YR3 FR1.5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH+ WG+++ CL+ BC+ MC+++++ SH[Murph++ Molly+ Thomas---]

Offline llwaynest

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »
A good source of information for newbies attending this year.
http://people.howstuffworks.com/dragoncon-survival.htm
Master Ferus