Linked Events

• Jim at Romantic Times: April 28, 2010 - May 02, 2010

Author Topic: Jim and Shannon at Romantic Times, 4/28 to 5/2  (Read 8563 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Jim and Shannon at Romantic Times, 4/28 to 5/2
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:33:20 AM »
Jim and Shannon will be at Romantic Times Booklovers' Convention in Columbus, OH, from April 28 to May 2, 2010.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:53:12 PM by Priscellie »

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Jim and Shannon at Romantic Times, 4/28 to 5/2
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 06:57:30 AM »
I just looked at ticket prices...  :( 
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline BeccaJoy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:36:36 AM »
Will they be signing at the book fair on Saturday, May 1st that is open to the public?  I only live about 2 hours north of Columbus, and would be more then happy to pay the $5 if they are going to be there?? 
"You always a wiseass?"  "No, sometimes I'm asleep"

Offline whiskeyjack07

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 07:04:25 AM »
YES!! JIM IN OHIO! ok now that thats out of the way, the list of authors for the book fair lists jim- http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Custom.aspx?cid=21&e=39f9fb57-5ebc-49a4-b572-a2316b792e98

jim would definitely make getting around high street worth it( i had a bad experience once).
WITNESS- Karsa Orlong

Offline BeccaJoy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »
YAY!    :D
"You always a wiseass?"  "No, sometimes I'm asleep"

Offline khanson241

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 12:14:05 AM »
So, it appears there is an "Expo" on Friday and then "Book Fair" on Saturday, cover charge is $5, with Jim and Shannon scheduled to attend both.  Any details (i.e. where the expo will be held, hours, hours Jim and Shannon scheduled to attend, booth number etc.)?

Offline emgirl

• Participant
  • I geek sci fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 09:42:49 PM »
There's so many excellent writers at this one....Where's the magic carpet when you need it? And a big ol' pot of gold to get in. Do I dare go from Chicago and call it my early Christmas present? Gah!

Offline merlin graylorn

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 03:36:35 PM »
I'm a newbie here, this is my first post.

When Turn Coat came out, my designated spousal unit and I went to the book signing in Dayton Ohio.  It was DSU's birthday, so we got an autographed copy wishing him Happy Birthday.  Also picked up another copy of Dead Beat to be signed to our cat, named Butters, after the character (Butters was a stray who came to our house right as I was reading Dead Beat).  Gave Jim pictures of my cat, embarrassed DSU.  My first book signing, it was fun, trying not to be too much of a stalker, embarrassing DSU.

Did anyone go to the book signing at Romantic Times in Columbus Ohio?  I did, dressed up to go to the Renaissance Fair up the road at the Ohio State University campus immediately afterward.  When I got in the author room and walked to the back corner where Jim and Shannon were, I noticed a long line and my heart fell, but luckily for me it turned out to be for someone else.  My timing was excellent, I was between crushes of people for Jim and Shannon and no one was there.  It was weird to just walk up.  It was weird they seemed like just normal people.  It was weird I didn't know who Jim was at first.  He was clean shaven and with very short hair!  I wondered to myself who that was and where was Jim.  Was this their handler and Jim was on a potty break?  It wasn't until he was signing the book and the signature looked familiar that I was sure it was Jim.  I'd just had a birthday a few days ago, so I had him sign Changes Happy Birthday for me (his and hers birthday wishes from Jim, how cool is that?)

With no one else there, I finally got up the nerve to stumble out, Gee, you cut your hair!  You don't look anything like you did at the signing for Turn Coat.  Shannon was so funny, she said, yea, if I hadn't been talking to him 10 minutes earlier, I wouldn't have known who he was either when he came home clean shaven.

We made idle chit chat for a bit, I asked them how they were liking the convention (they like going to RT), they asked me how I liked it (had to admit I only came to see them).  I said I didn't even know who else was there.  Shannon started reeling off author names, Charmane Harris was the only one I recognized but I haven't read any of her stuff.  Apparently she was the star attraction (how can that be? Jim is there!).  It was very strange.  I could have been standing around in a line for something with them, just making conversation.  (Must get over "Authors as Godlike Entities this mere mortal can only admire through print".)

I didn't mention Butters my cat, although I had considered bringing Jim another picture of the guy.

Jim and Shannon seem like a very nice couple.  She reached over and patted his arm a couple times.  Maybe she was just trying to protect him from strange woman with confused look on her face dressed in quasi Renaissance Fair outfit.  I'm not good with people.

Offline LaLaLa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »
From April to March... that's a long time at a convention I think! Care to change the date on that? ;-)