Author Topic: Magic and technology  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Magic and technology
« on: January 10, 2010, 02:00:37 AM »
We all know the effect Harry had on technology. How would something like that be handled in the game?

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Magic and technology
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:17:44 AM »
It has been implied that supernatural disadvantages will be handled through the use of Aspects. So a wizard might suffer technological issues as a compel against his "Reckless White Council wizard" Aspect, while a Red Court vampire would have problems going outside during the day as a Compel against her "Ancient Red Court noble" Aspect.

That should just about cover it, I'd imagine. After all, we know that the most powerful supernatural types are going to have low to non-existent Refresh. So they'll either want to give in to the compel for the fate points, or they'll actually be unable to resist at all (if at 0 or fewer Refresh).

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:27:47 AM »
I like that. Easy way to emulate how sometimes Harry had a negative effecta and sometimes not.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:56:29 AM »
We'll have guidelines for accidental hexing much like what TheMouse is saying, and purposeful "hexus!" type stuff as well. If Lenny's around he may have more detail to provide. I'm busy dealing with Fix's statblock right now in layout. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 12:01:29 AM »
We'll have guidelines for accidental hexing much like what TheMouse is saying, and purposeful "hexus!" type stuff as well. If Lenny's around he may have more detail to provide. I'm busy dealing with Fix's statblock right now in layout. :)
Very good! Maybe Lenny will stop by. How are the statblocks coming?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:14:54 AM »
Very good! Maybe Lenny will stop by. How are the statblocks coming?

Statblocks were done at the end of 2009. I started layout at the beginning of 2010.  The statblock chapters are the hairiest in terms of the amount of effort it takes -- lots of formatting.

I'm about to do layout on Karrin Murphy. So I'm almost done with the "M"s.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/