• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Canon
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »
The upcoming RPG may be exactly what you're looking for!

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:11:46 PM »
I think there should be a place for all Canon info for everyone

There is!  It's not organized very neatly, or indexed, but it's all there.  It's in a series of bound volumes. You should be able to find them if you poke around a little.  The first one's called "Storm Front"...
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:45:44 PM »
There is!  It's not organized very neatly, or indexed, but it's all there.  It's in a series of bound volumes. You should be able to find them if you poke around a little.  The first one's called "Storm Front"...

Seriously, it seems to me that it might be worth consolidating the fairly small number of places where  Jim has changed something in the text - for example, the shift in what Ivy remembers between DM and SmF - into what would be a fairly small document saying which versions are intended as definitive.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

GreyWarden

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 03:08:35 AM »
Seriously, it seems to me that it might be worth consolidating the fairly small number of places where  Jim has changed something in the text - for example, the shift in what Ivy remembers between DM and SmF - into what would be a fairly small document saying which versions are intended as definitive.

Seconded!

I realize that the RPG may answer some of this, Priscellie, but it's also gonna cost around a hundred bucks, what with shipping and handling (at least it will cost that much for those of us who are demophobic, and thus don't do cons).  In the meantime, a spot on here would fill the niche nicely.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 04:28:51 PM »
Seconded!

I realize that the RPG may answer some of this, Priscellie, but it's also gonna cost around a hundred bucks, what with shipping and handling (at least it will cost that much for those of us who are demophobic, and thus don't do cons).  In the meantime, a spot on here would fill the niche nicely.

The book that categorizes and sums up at least 80-90% of what you're after is Our World, and is priced at $40. FWIW. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
The book that categorizes and sums up at least 80-90% of what you're after is Our World, and is priced at $40. FWIW. :)

Now how much would you pay? But wait - there's more! You also receive the handy portable form! Enjoy your PDF copy with the blessings of the creators!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »
The upcoming RPG may be exactly what you're looking for!

er, on this little note, do we have a how-to thread on rpgs?
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 05:11:14 AM »
er, on this little note, do we have a how-to thread on rpgs?

We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to the RPG.  I'm sure folks there will be happy to answer any of your questions.