Author Topic: Book Club Suggestions  (Read 4543 times)

Themostocles

Book Club Suggestions
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:37:19 PM »
I was wondering if it was possible to set up Child Boards in the book club section, one for each book, so we can seperate the threads to the corresponding books.  It would make it more managable, and user friendly.

Also, would it be possible to appoint a new mod to the section, since the current one hasnt been active in two years?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Book Club Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »
Mod, certainly. Sub-boards are a bit of a pain in the ass, but I'll consider it.

I'd like to see a list of nominees for the new mod. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Chelle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 11:33:48 PM »
Mod, certainly. Sub-boards are a bit of a pain in the ass, but I'll consider it.

I'd like to see a list of nominees for the new mod. :)
Aine?

She already tries to wrangle a bookclub in the chat room.

Themostocles

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 05:00:04 AM »
Aine
Fyrchick
Me :P

(though Im sure I would be a total disaster)  :o

But in particular Tipi, she is active in the book club and seems to be trying to keep it on track already.  But I dont know if she is willing either...

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:16:09 PM by Themostocles »

Offline Heretic

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
I'm a bit nervous making this suggestion since I have no idea how they'd feel, but ... how about one of the existing mods?  Priscillie? Mickey?  They've already got the experience moderating on this forum ..
What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »
I'm a bit nervous making this suggestion since I have no idea how they'd feel, but ... how about one of the existing mods?  Priscillie? Mickey?  They've already got the experience moderating on this forum ..
Hm. Perhaps I need to be clear:

I need a list of possible volunteers, who aren't currently forum-wide moderators, willing to take on the extra work of moderating a sub-forum. These people need to have a proven on-forum track record of being even-tempered and fair in conversations. I don't want to anoint a dictator.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Aine

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »

I need a list of possible volunteers, who aren't currently forum-wide moderators, willing to take on the extra work of moderating a sub-forum. These people need to have a proven on-forum track record of being even-tempered and fair in conversations. I don't want to anoint a dictator.

Well, seeing as I am just coming off my 'vacation' *cough,* I'm fairly certain this leaves me out of the running.  Thanks, guys, for thinking of me, though! 

Themostocles

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 10:43:56 PM »
Well, seeing as I am just coming off my 'vacation' *cough,* I'm fairly certain this leaves me out of the running.  Thanks, guys, for thinking of me, though! 

Im sure you are still a viable candidate.  They need someone with your passion for Dresden, and ability to analyze and interpet the text.

However I must recede my volunteer nomination.  Im not really sure I have the time, or the impatiality to do it well.

Offline Heretic

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »

Got it - sorry for my confusion.  "Dont want to anoint a dictator" - well that takes me out of the running!  8) 

Offline Rue-Sal

• Posty McPostington
  • Forever Rue.
    • View Profile
    • A Geek World
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 02:47:46 PM »
I think LavinChen would make a good mod, she's as even-tempered and fair as anyone I've seen on the forum.
“The divine wrath is slow indeed in vengeance, but it makes up for its tardiness by the severity of the punishment”

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »
I think Shecky would do a nice job...
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Pratchett

I love finger sandwiches. The distal phalanges have such a nice, delicate crunch.

Aine

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »
Im sure you are still a viable candidate.  They need someone with your passion for Dresden, and ability to analyze and interpet the text.

However I must recede my volunteer nomination.  Im not really sure I have the time, or the impatiality to do it well.

Seeing as the mods have ignored everything I have ever tried to do to be helpful, I'm guessing that's a no.   :P  :-[

Offline Heretic

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 10:31:08 PM »
I think Shecky would do a nice job...

I'll second this ....

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 03:16:24 AM »
Shecky would be good because he has the ability to divorce his intellect from his passion when he needs to.  In a Mod you need someone who can make the call without a visceral component.
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 10:27:43 AM »
And most of all, he's willing to take the extra-work on his shoulders... I asked him...  :)
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Pratchett

I love finger sandwiches. The distal phalanges have such a nice, delicate crunch.