Author Topic: Not my style, but have you heard or tried this?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Not my style, but have you heard or tried this?
« on: November 18, 2009, 02:22:51 AM »
This trailed through on one of my writing groups.  It certainly looks interesting.  Sort of gamer writing on steroids.  Apparently if you pause it starts changing the color of your back ground, if you are really slow it honks horns or swears at you or something.  Looks like fun.  Let me know if you try it.  It doesn't look like my style at all.  It does seem to crank out pages though for Namo writers....  desktop is 10.00 I think. 

http://writeordie.drwicked.com/
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Kris_W

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Not my style, but have you heard or tried this?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 04:15:58 AM »
Oh yes!
I love the screen slowly turning red and the loud noises. Those get me moving when I pause too long.

Dr Wicked is the stick I use against my Muse and Internal Editor if I don't get my word count by a certain time. For me, it works great as a threat, but MAY CAUSE Writer's Block if used too much. And, most annoyingly, I can not tell the difference between pieces of a story written under Dr Wicked's red sky and those written at the neighborhood pub after a burger and beer.

I recommend every writer try it. Even if it won’t help you write, it is pretty darn funny and might make you laugh.

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
Re: Not my style, but have you heard or tried this?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »
It does look funny, but I think it would most likely just annoy the crap out of me, as I require silence or near-silence when I write.  (Even if the TV is on downstairs, I find myself putting in earplugs.)
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com