Author Topic: What twisted thing comes out of your mind?  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Gritti

• Participant
    • View Profile
What twisted thing comes out of your mind?
« on: October 23, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
With all of the questions I've been posting lateley (thanks again for all the help I've recieved) I've been spending a lot of time reading and not nearly as much time writing, so I thought maybe we could have a litte fun.  Each day I'll update this topic with a new idea (assuming I don't run out of interesting ideas and if I do I'm sure others can pick up my slack.)  Mini stories on the spur of the moment right now no plotting, outlining, nothing.  Just write to fit the length as best you can.  Okay I don't want to limit this little game any more than I have so I'll just put out the first idea write my own story.

a quick story ending with the line:  "Oh so that's why Jo's poop had those colors in it!"

remember 200 words or so to keep them quick reads...

Offline Gritti

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: What twisted thing comes out of your mind?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »
Keep your bedroom door locked.
Connor woke to the sound of his house phone ringing and on istinct flew out of bed to get to it before the machine picked up.  He ran down the hall past his older sister who never seemed to answer any phone but her own cell.  On the seventh ring he heard the machine pick up and before he could snatch it from the charging port whoever was calling hung up.  "Crap, Urg.!"  He glanced at the microwave to check the time and his anger doubled.  It was 6:30 am on a Saturday.  His eyes had closed only 3 hours before after a long night of working on his school science project.  He briefly wondered why his sister was up, but quickly realized he didn't care.  His science project was a huge model of an atom made from Floam.  As he headed back to his room and to his bed he smiled.  At least I finished it, he thought.  When he reached his bedroom door he he froze.  "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!"  He screamed as he surveyed the destruction of his room.  Pieces of his project were everywhere and on everything.  His sister came running down the hall, and when she saw why he'd freaked out, she laughed.  Through her laughter she said, "Oh so that's why Jo's poop had those colors in it!"

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 06:02:34 AM »
"Hey, guys, you won't believe the size of the bug I just squished in Gregor's room... "
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Kris_W

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »
Poor Gregor - But I think it was an abscessed apple that killed him.

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 11:47:53 PM »
Heh-heh, love the Kafka references/spoofs....

In the fanfic I'm working on, one of my original male characters (okay, a Grigori angel who's chosen to appear male) emerged from the shower, toweling himself off... and when I re-read the scene later, I realized I'd described him as having what appears to be a cesarean section scar. I'm puzzled at (and a bit squicked by) that, and I'm wondering where that came from...

Offline mightyutuvan

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Semi-Geek Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »
  Korg examined the window frame again.  He was at a loss how a mark 3 security screen could have been circumvented without setting off the alarms.  "This damn mudball." he muttered.  It was always something with these natives.  The ones on this damp, rocky island he had been assigned to seemed particularly clever at mischief making.  His Baldarian War Hog , Mesojo, had left him a colorful diarama in the library.  Something had gotten in last night but what?  Korg noticed a glint of metal behind the door.  He moved the door to reveal a mangled green hat with a blood spattered silver buckle.  Korg exploded in a full belly laugh.  He recalled this particular human story.  Mesojo , Jo for short, had eaten one of those little bastards and paid the price.  He chuckled "Oh, so thats why Jo's poop had those colors in it." 

P.S. If I may suggest a writing prompt "Hell had frozen over and I didn't know how to ice skate."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:56:48 PM by mightyutuvan »
My Blog; The Semi-Geek http://mightyutu.blogspot.com/

Offline Gritti

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 12:21:28 AM »
Thanks mightyutuvan for understanding my poorly explained game.  Remember everyone writes a short 200 or so word story using the previous poster's story prompt as your last line.  So here goes....

As I crossed the endless wasteland of the Crimson Desert I realized something.  After almost four hundred years of existing in the miserable place there was one sensation I hadn't felt; cold.  I was cold, but how could that be?  Lilith had introduced me to the blinding searing cold of liquid nitrogen during my first fifty years or so, but this made me remember how it used to feel in the fall in Montana.  The only thing I could think of to do was to summon the closest thing to a friend I knew here; Saburo.  The former samurai turned demon was as decent and honest as he had been in life which meant that you were safe as long as he didn't count you as one his enemies.  I gathered some of the red sand in my hands and brought it close to my lips to whisper my message.  Then I slowly let it fall through my fingers and the wind took it.  I kept heading in my original direction.  Knowing when Saburo got my message he'd find me I began to sprint towards the mountain range.  If there's one thing you learn when you live in the underworld it's to run fast and I do mean fast.  It's either that or get disemboweled every other day.  I covered about twenty miles is less than three minutes, and when I reached the mountains I stood there frozen.  Ice?  Friggin ice was covering the mountain from the base and was still working its way up.  It was also spreading out onto the empty land.  I heard the air around me start to crackle and turned just in time to see the sword sporting demon samurai step from the disturbance and take in the scene before him.  I couldn't tell what he was thinking from his expression, but what shocked me was what occurred to me when I'd first seen the ice;  Hell had frozen over and I didn't know how to ice skate.

Offline Gritti

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 12:24:30 AM »
Alright you sick-o's here's the Halloween Eve's writing prompt from me to you....

He cackled loudly as he jammed to techno and cut the heads off the zombie cats with his weed whacker.  "Damn I love this holiday!"  He shouted.

Offline mightyutuvan

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Semi-Geek Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 01:38:14 AM »
cool story Gritti!  I especially liked the whispering to the sand trick.  Gotta let this one brew for bit.
My Blog; The Semi-Geek http://mightyutu.blogspot.com/

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »
after a long night in the accident and emergency bob and jan were exhausted.  never had any of their children given them so much concern, even when they had to rush their son in for what was now entitled "the spaghetti incident".  bob paced up and down the corridor, pausing every so often to glance at the still figure on the bed, so pale he could hardly tell where jo finished and the crisp white sheets began.  jan sat with amy curled beside her, almost as pale as her daughter wired up within.  the doctors had given jo all the tests and cameras imaginable, completely at a loss as to her condition.  he returned to his incomplete family, was about to lean his head on his sleeping wifes arm, when he saw a bright yellow tub nestled snugly in his daughters bag.  curious he reached down and lifted the offending article, reading the legend slowly as if deciphering a foreign language.  "Play-do"
"Oh, so thats why jos poop had all those colours in it."

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 08:18:09 AM »
oops, that was a bit of a fail for me
will try to keep up with the thread

Offline Gritti

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 06:15:12 PM »
That was great shades of grey.  I shudder at cleaning up the so-called "Spaghetti Incident."  Thanks for playing.

And yes, you may be a bit behind but there aren't any strict rules to this.  I just hoped for a couple inspiring exercises to get us to stretch our minds.