Author Topic: Writing quirks  (Read 4165 times)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Re: Writing quirks
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 03:01:06 PM »
Yeah, the chanting monks cd works that way for me.  ;D

Depends on which chanting monks we're talking about.

Dialogos/Sapientia doing fifth-century Battle of the Bands - cool.  Masters of Chant covering "Sounds of Silence" and "Nothing Else Matters" - cool.  I've yet to get hold of the Benzedrine Monks of Santo Domonica.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 03:02:19 PM »
Okay, yeah...I apparently do have one.  I can't write unless I'm barefoot.  How's that for freaking quirky?  I didn't know it until at a writer's workshop, everytime we did individual exercises--my shoes would go.  Only barefoot one in the room.  Ah well.  I'm more comfortable that way!  :-)

Heh.  Another reason to be glad of not doing writers' workshops; I do not write (or indeed do much of anything else where at all possible) with any clothes on at all.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 05:11:51 PM »
They were laid back, but not naked laid back....   Sorry, I think we have to go to Napa Valley to write in the buff in public.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess