Author Topic: I wanna play  (Read 1501 times)

Offline dbu8554

• Participant
    • View Profile
I wanna play
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:03:59 PM »
Alright since this game in way far away from being released has anyone just used the dresdenverse with a d20 system and played it out?

I can figure out how to make it work but my problem is introducing my D&D group into the dresdenverse since none of them have read the books before just wondeirng getting tired of D&D for a bit and wanna play a game that revolves around this world. Thanks alot guys!

Offline kaemgen

• Conversationalist
  • Ignore me.
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna play
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 03:25:40 AM »
To an extent you would just have to explain to them that it's still D&D just set in the modern world and with a lot less walking through forests and underground caves. Of course some classes need a bit of explaining (not as many knights these days so perhaps they'd have to be a knight of the cross or some group that was around to lend back up if ever needed?) and others would need a little different mindset (thieves are often treated as socially acceptable in D&D worlds but wouldn't really be so now... though they certainly still exist.)

Frankly, it would all depend on just how close to the Dresdenverse you wanted your game and how adaptable your group was to such changes. But I have to ask, why not lend them your books and/or get them to buy their own??  I've frankly never been in a gaming group that wasn't looking for new/good fantasy books to read.