Author Topic: Attack of the Stickied threads.  (Read 7785 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Attack of the Stickied threads.
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 01:22:14 PM »
We can and do consolidate sticky threads occasionally. Others get their sticky bit retired after a while.

The issue, really, is one of psychology, and the realities of how people read and pay attention.  Edits, amendments, and follow-up posts on a single or small set of sticky threads tend not to achieve the level of awareness of a combination of separate posts.

But like I said, we are looking at consolidation here and there where we can manage it, and beyond that I've recently increased the number of topics that get listed per page of a board which should at least address some of the "there are more stickies than non stickies" part of things.

That said, I wouldn't expect us to treat this as a super high priority issue in general. A mild annoyance that can be addressed by 0.1 seconds of scrolling or a simple keystroke (the page down button) ends up seeming less important when stacked next to misbehavior, policy, and site software issues. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/