Linked Events

• Signing: Independence, MO: May 16, 2009

Author Topic: Signing: Independence, MO on May 16th  (Read 33301 times)

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
  • Exodus 22:18 - "Suffer not a witch to live"
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
Re: Signing: Independence, MO on May 16th
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2009, 02:10:52 PM »
No exploding heads, unfortunately.

When we went up in line I told him we did a podcast and asked if I could got a little intro blurb from him. Then I mentioned we planned on doing an all Dresden discussion episode that night and he told me to get my recorder back out. He gave us the first line of the next book, signed out stuff, let us get a picture taken with him, then we were on our way back to Springfield.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2009, 02:13:35 PM »
No exploding heads, unfortunately.

When we went up in line I told him we did a podcast and asked if I could got a little intro blurb from him. Then I mentioned we planned on doing an all Dresden discussion episode that night and he told me to get my recorder back out. He gave us the first line of the next book, signed out stuff, let us get a picture taken with him, then we were on our way back to Springfield.

Welcome to the awesomeness that is Jim. Just an all-around good guy.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2009, 02:26:15 PM »
Yep, he was absolutely cool at the dinner.  We told him that we wanted to give him the chance just to relax and not have to answer questions, and he said something like "No, I know you have questions, that's why I'm here."

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
Oh man, I'm wicked jealous.

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »
Oh.  Wow.  Sigh.  (Silly fangirl sigh)
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Aine

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2009, 03:56:34 PM »
Oh man, I'm wicked jealous.

Hi Rob,

Were you there with Quasi-Spike?  (Sorry, we didn't know your names.)  I think I noticed your shirt. 

Ah, well, there is always the next signing...

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »
Hi Rob,

Were you there with Quasi-Spike?  (Sorry, we didn't know your names.)  I think I noticed your shirt. 

Ah, well, there is always the next signing...

I'm not sure what a Quasi-Spike is... but, here's us (I'm the guy on the Right with the Watchmen hoodie)

Aine

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »
Yeah, so the guy directly to your right?  That would be quasi-Spike, lol.  Not meant as an insult in any way!

Did you already do your discussion? 

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2009, 06:04:41 PM »
Yeah, we did the discussion episode that night after getting back from the signing. We do post-production this week and then release it next Monday. :D

Aine

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »
Yeah, we did the discussion episode that night after getting back from the signing. We do post-production this week and then release it next Monday. :D

Wonderful!  I hope you'll come back and post a link for us.  ;D

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
  • Thankful for all my years with Bob! RIP mdodd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2009, 10:58:07 PM »
Welcome to the JB Forum RobJustice.  Hope you'll stick around and join in the fun. 

Like the hoodie.  One of the things I bought Saturday was the Watchmen Graphic novel. I had never read any of it before seeing the movie, which I really dug.  Also got the cd of the vocals soundtrack.  I'm local here in Independence, so give me a nod when you get back up this way & maybe we can meet for lunch or something. 
"When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Offline jeniferj

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2009, 01:33:13 AM »
It's understandable, but so unfortunate you couldn't stay.  You'll have to keep track of future events, as Frogge mentioned!

We will.  All three of us are still a bit regretful that we didn't stay for dinner.  But we had such a good day, it's hard to be too sad! :)  Did Shannon make it to dinner?  I really wanted to talk with her a bit more, but she was having her ear bent by a potential author :)

BTW, Ley (Aine?), where do we look at and maybe pick up some of your t-shirts??

Offline jeniferj

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »
Thanks for sharing those pics, Jen. I even caught a glimpse of myself in one of them. :D

No problem.  Oh, and if any of you are familiar with "tagging" pictures in Facebook, please feel free to tag yourself or anyone else you know.  It will help me learn and remember names!! :)

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2009, 01:50:30 AM »
We will.  All three of us are still a bit regretful that we didn't stay for dinner.  But we had such a good day, it's hard to be too sad! :)  Did Shannon make it to dinner?  I really wanted to talk with her a bit more, but she was having her ear bent by a potential author :)

Yep, the signing was great in and of itself.  Plus, you met a whole bunch of really fun people!  :D 

Shannon did not make it to dinner - Jim came with their son, Jay.

Aine

« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2009, 02:42:25 AM »

I am in the process of donating the art to this site, Jenifer, and once they have it up, it will be in the "fan shwag" section of the "store" section on www.jim-butcher.com.  I think!  ;D 

It was great meeting you guys and I'm glad you all were able to find us and the forum!  Yay!