Author Topic: Baltimore and Other Possible Dresdenverse Cities  (Read 19600 times)

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
Re: Baltimore and Other Possible Dresdenverse Cities
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 02:59:07 AM »
Ok this is strange I am also a Spokane Native and have been working on a similar project. what are the odds. there is some great stuff here. I already adapted D20 modern to the Dresdenverse here in Spokane and ran an adventure were the local chapter of the Hells Angels (they have a club house on east Sprague) was run by the barer of Ursiel.
Some other great fodder here in town.  
Spokane is operating under a Gypsy curse.
 http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003765695_marksobit28m.html
check out  the spokesman review cold case files for unsolved murders especialy "Millie" a woman who's dismembered body parts were found at very different times.
 http://www.spokesmanreview.com/coldcase/
Haunted places in Spokane
http://theshadowlands.net/places/washington.htm
1000 steps sight of haunting and "devil" worship
http://spokane.onethousandthingstodo.com/2008/10/31/visit-greenwood-cemeterys-haunted-1000-steps/
this all on top of more than our share of serial killers (Green river, Yeats) I think Spokane will make a great city for the game.

What a coincidence indeed. I play up in the Cheney area. Up here we also got SHowalter Hall where they used to do the Hangings.

We also had a lot of bomb threats a while ago. If I wanted to clear an area for a magical smackdown, I'd call in a threat.

It makes me laugh to go to that one list that talks about the Farichild Airforce Base Armory's "Goatman" haunting. Sounds like Gruffs to me.....
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 03:54:31 AM »
Check out this Podcast: http://www.thewalkingeye.com/?p=624 linked from the DFRPG site

Lenny talks about their playtest setting, Las Vegas as written by a Vegas Native. His take on it was that the entire Strip was Accorded Neutral Territory.

It sounds really cool.

I enjoyed that one.  I'd like to see it written up for general use though.

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 04:53:02 AM »
Somebody did Atlanta.  I'll try to find it and get back to you.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 05:23:04 AM »
I'd also like to see Pennington, New Jersey. You could run it (with some artistic embellishment) as the East Coast's Sunnydale
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline Zaure

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »
Speaking of native cities/states, I'd love to see some of the cities in Michigan like Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw. They'd be a great base for the non-Raith White Court houses.

Or, on the opposite end, some of the towns up in the UP could be interesting.

Offline xiaolung

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2010, 07:04:29 PM »
It would be a challenge, since I would be the only person in the group who has been there, but I want to do Hong Kong. There is a lot there to wrap a supernatural story there. And then there's the Jade Court (anyone want a writeup when it's done?).

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 08:21:55 PM »
Absolutely like to see a write up on Hong Kong.  If for no other reason than someone can be on the run and they get stranded in your city during a snow storm...hilarity ensues!  Having an idea of what sort of power groups and relics that might be floating around also makes a good reason to fly to HK for some character to have a working vacation.

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 08:42:14 PM »
HK = Jade Court, which we know nothing about.

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »
Does that mean some one need to create stats for Black blood of the earth? "you mean Oil?" "No I mean Black Blood of the Earth"
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline xiaolung

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 06:29:30 AM »
HK = Jade Court, which we know nothing about.

Of which I have already begun creating the write for the Jade Court - at least how it will appear in my own Dresdenverse. I've already asked about how much info is in the RPG, and the answer was "not much." It gives me free reign to make up whatever I want - and hopefully create something compelling.

And right now, I don't have the "black blood of the earth", but I do have Black Jade.   ;)

Anyone interested in what I have so far?

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 07:02:36 AM »
love to see what you have so far I find them interesting but have no ideas myself. I was planing on a little research into Asian vampire style myths. Are yours based on a mythological/historical template or made up from whole cloth?
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline Knave

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 11:41:28 AM »
I'm busy doing a write up on London, though I'm waiting to get my grubby mits on the books before going too far. 

I'm approaching it with the theme of 'The city where the brightest of the new gets introduced to the toughest of the old.  Judgement.  It really can be a biatch."

I've also got some ideas on a Faerie Parliament of Lords, and a Wildfae House of Commons (complete with Low Minister)... all paying lip service to the mortal Queen under the 4th draft of the Magna Carta.

and some cunning ideas about masons preserving rituals that provide juice for some of the biggest white council mojo.

Offline xiaolung

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
love to see what you have so far I find them interesting but have no ideas myself. I was planing on a little research into Asian vampire style myths. Are yours based on a mythological/historical template or made up from whole cloth?

A little of everything, actually. I looked at the vampires Jim B. has given us, took some mythology, added some of my experience as a World of Darkness GM as well as a Feng Shui GM and stirred. I don't yet know if this will fly until I have the DFRPG in my hot little hands (so many Supernatural powers and Skills etc. that I don’t yet have access to – but I’ve got the rest of the ‘fluff’ mostly written down).

I’ll post something on the board as soon as it’s ready (later this week).

Offline ifshnit

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2010, 05:35:53 AM »
I know they're putting in a chapter on how to make your hometown all magical and stuff, so I'm going to go with Denver.  In the Fool Moon, that wolf-woman moved to a reserve in the Rocky Mountains, and they didn't specify the state, so I think I'm going to get her involved in my campaign.  Denver also has some cool history, especially with street gangs, art and culture, and sports....lots of fodder for a rag-tag group of people to investigate the wierdness of the supernatural.

My wife and I are definitely looking to put stuff together for Denver. We've been working on stuff for the past several weeks and hope to have something together by the time the RPG rolls off the shelf. Lots of great city ideas posted out here so far!

Offline Carabas

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 12:04:29 AM »
My players and I have already started to dresdenfy Munich, Bavaria.
Now all I need to do is figure out how to include the Oktoberfest :)