Linked Events

• TC signing in Dayton, OH: April 15, 2009

Author Topic: April 15: TC signing in Dayton, OH  (Read 28851 times)

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
Re: April 15: TC signing in Dayton, OH
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 02:50:49 AM »
Welcome Tim!

Welll.......???? what was his answer??!

Tim said "Could you stop releasing books around the holidays?  My family is starting to think I hate them."  Jim said, "Have you told them the truth?"

He was also great and added even more personalization to the book we asked him to sign for our friend that first recommend the "other wizard named Harry" to us.  With all he was signing, the fact that he added even more than we asked him to was just awesome.  He seems like the kind of person that we could just hang out with.  Can't wait to make it to another signing.

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 02:53:02 AM »
I like it here.  I'm thinking I may change my forum of choice from the Rottentomatoes forums to Jim Butchers.  You folks here seem considerably nicer than the People at RT.   :)

Offline TimZ

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 03:04:02 AM »
Tim said "Could you stop releasing books around the holidays?  My family is starting to think I hate them."  Jim said, "Have you told them the truth?"

He was also great and added even more personalization to the book we asked him to sign for our friend that first recommend the "other wizard named Harry" to us.  With all he was signing, the fact that he added even more than we asked him to was just awesome.  He seems like the kind of person that we could just hang out with.  Can't wait to make it to another signing.

He also said I'd have to take it up with his publisher, who's one of the sweetest people in the world and he has no idea how she survives NYC being so sweet, but that ultimately, my cause was probably lost. 

On the bright side, I think I may try and introduce my oldest niece to Harry this year.  If she'll ever return my copy of Furies of Caldaron. 

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 03:08:58 AM »

Jim is probably the awesomest living author alive. *redundancy for emphasis :D Take that Shecky!*

I think we're gonna like the two of you too!

If you haven't already, pop in to the Introduction Thread in McAnally's. There's baked goods and beverages and a ton of cool people waiting to greet you!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Smitty

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 03:13:23 AM »
yeah the baked goods and beverages are awesome in there.  Just stay away from the brownies.  I had one and woke up in downtown dayton with no shoes or pants.  I live like 10 miles away from there so it was rather disconcerting. :D
Smitty

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 03:17:56 AM »
 ;D ;D

Glad to hear you got home safe Smitty. We were worried about you!  :D

Offline Smitty

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 03:20:14 AM »
Thanxs  Wondered where the cab came from   :D
Smitty

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 03:22:39 AM »
We have them on retainer.  ;)

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 04:37:53 AM »
I like it here already.  :)

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 04:39:53 AM »
 ;D

Offline shaliscarai

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 02:48:49 AM »
I have to say that as a first timer at a book signing, I'm glad I went to this one. My daughter, who's 8yrs old, has read all the books and begged me to take her. Needless to say, she was the youngest one there having her book signed. I think he didn't believe she was the one reading them. She had Turn coat read by 5pm Friday. Now it's finally my turn to read it. LOL If Jim reads this I hope he realizes how hard it is to read a book after an 8yr old tells you half of it before they are done! Next time I get to read it first! LOL Maybe I'll get her started on the Alera series next....
How am I supposed to think outside of the box if they won't let me out of it?

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2009, 02:52:49 AM »
Welcome, Shaliscarai! I think it's awesome your daughter reads these books! 

Offline Smitty

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2009, 02:56:11 AM »
I have to say that as a first timer at a book signing, I'm glad I went to this one. My daughter, who's 8yrs old, has read all the books and begged me to take her. Needless to say, she was the youngest one there having her book signed. I think he didn't believe she was the one reading them. She had Turn coat read by 5pm Friday. Now it's finally my turn to read it. LOL If Jim reads this I hope he realizes how hard it is to read a book after an 8yr old tells you half of it before they are done! Next time I get to read it first! LOL Maybe I'll get her started on the Alera series next....

That is so awesome! 
Smitty

Offline shaliscarai

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2009, 10:12:31 PM »
Thanks! I'm afraid she will read almost anything I throw at her. She devours books in no time flat. The only thing I've had to stop her from reading so far is Laurel K. Hamilton (I think I got the name right) and that's for obvious reasons if you've read her work. She's still a bit too young to go that far past rated "R" writing. LOL
How am I supposed to think outside of the box if they won't let me out of it?

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009, 11:47:00 PM »
Thanks! I'm afraid she will read almost anything I throw at her. She devours books in no time flat. The only thing I've had to stop her from reading so far is Laurel K. Hamilton (I think I got the name right) and that's for obvious reasons if you've read her work. She's still a bit too young to go that far past rated "R" writing. LOL

Yeah, if she's 8 years old, you need to keep her far far FAR away from Laurel K. Hamilton.  Personally I love her books.  But I'm 31 years old.  I think 15 is the earliest that I would recommend she start reading them.