Author Topic: DFRPG Online?  (Read 8487 times)

Offline W1zardH@

• Lurker
    • View Profile
DFRPG Online?
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:43:45 PM »
Hi.

Is there going to be a website for forum based play?

Like something official, or maybe site-oriented around the DFRPG?  Sorta like how RolePlayerGuild.com and DresdenVerse.com are set up, but exclusively for the DFRPG "Fate" system?

I don't really get to game, not a lot of people I know still do.  I got a slew of Forgotten Realms books all in 3.5, I drool all over Shadowrun when ever I'm at the bookstore, but I've never sat down and really gamed before, like with people.  Ya know?

Anyhow.

Cheers.
-W1zardH@

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: DFRPG Online?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:53:13 PM »
I'll happily support that activity via a sub-board here, once the game's released.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:09:49 PM »
Somewhere, I raised the idea of having a chat room to run campaigns in, ala White Wolf's website and their suite of chatrooms for their various RPGs...

Offline W1zardH@

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 01:13:44 AM »
Ooooo, even better. 

Are many people out there in the same type of predicament?  No one to game with in real life but are itching, fiendish-like, to get some real gaming in?

I think setting up something semi-official or at least, exclusive to the DFRPG Fate system, would be freggin wicked-awesome.  It'd just be nice to have a place where people, who can't game IRL can log on and have a tiny community of forums to do stuff like game, talk about character builds or get help with campaigns they're working on.

What do you think?  Is that something that can be achieved here?  And if so, is it something in demand or am i just being whimsical?

Thanks.
-W1zardH@

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 01:46:18 AM »
Well, as one of the mods of the Dresdenverse, and someone eagerly awaiting the release of the RPG, any FATE made characters are more than welcome to join. The DV is more of a collaborative writing forum than a game forum, but I want to take advantage of all the info that we'll get with the RPG.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 08:34:59 AM »
I tend to do most of my gaming online now, due to family commitments and a gaming group that's scattered around the country. I game using a virtual tabletop called Fantasy Grounds. It mimics the tabletop experience fairly well, as well as any online tool could do. I'm currently a player in a Spirit of the Century game. I fully intend to play or run a Dresden Files game as soon as I can get my hands on the rules and construct a character sheet for use in the tool.
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline W1zardH@

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 04:19:05 AM »
...a virtual tabletop called Fantasy Grounds...

Wow.

Looks like something I could wind-up diggin'.

If your in need of players, I'm game.

W1zardH@
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:21:49 AM by W1zardH@ »

Offline HeWhoWalksBehind

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 05:02:53 AM »
I am SO stoked for this RPG to come out!

I confess that I'm a tabletop RPG virgin, but I would gladly play (or at least attempt to play) this game.

And I think a forum for it online is a great idea.

Offline Sigma77

• Participant
  • When in doubt? Call in God's Fist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 01:38:15 AM »
You know, I've found chatrooms pretty effective when it comes to playing RPGs like this.

When I do some DnD, stuff like AIM chat rooms are pretty useful, considering their virtual dice feature and whatnot.

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »
Any of you folks heard of MUSHes? :)

Speaking of which, there were two Dresden MUSHes in the works, anyone know what happened?
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

Offline quentra

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 07:26:53 PM »
Actually, I Mu* a lot, but I haven't heard of any Dresden mushes being set up. Or at least nothing showed up when  I punched Dresden Files into Mudconnector...

But as for online gaming, by far, I've found the best programs to use are either IRC or OpenRPG. OpenRPG in particular works great for tactics heavy games, with it's provided grid, but mIRC is easier to install and run for more story focused games.

Offline Amberyl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 05:00:28 PM »
There will be an official DFRPG MUSH, with coded rules support for running your own one-shots or campaigns in private rooms, as well as a shared public environment (i.e., the latter portion more like a traditional MUSH).

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 05:10:28 PM »
Yay Amberyl, the original Evil Hat!
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Ahrrie

• Posty McPostington
  • Tiny... but Fierce.
    • View Profile
    • Art
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 06:50:10 AM »
I RP on IRC, (Usually a very freeform, non-dice based games) and have been considering lately about opening a game for Dresden Files for my friends, and people that are interested.

Offline talktotheHand

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »
There will be an official DFRPG MUSH, with coded rules support for running your own one-shots or campaigns in private rooms, as well as a shared public environment (i.e., the latter portion more like a traditional MUSH).

Iwill so totally waste half of what remains of my life there. family, the forum and the books own the other half already.
I see you're playing stupid again... Looks like you're winning too.   -anonymous
Power Corrupts, absolute power...Is actually kinda cool.