Author Topic: The Virtual Gallery  (Read 72904 times)

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
  • Random, uncensored, bizarre, but worth it!
    • View Profile
    • My Official Photography Site
Re: The Virtual Gallery
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2009, 06:10:08 AM »
OMG those are great photoshops.  I did one today, I will upload it as soon as the surprise it is for is over.  Or earlier if my inner five year old wins.

*huggles Blaze* Thats just how I feel whenever I finish something great! Especially accidentally great... I can't wait to see!
Persephone aka The Liz
Queen of Hellfire  ~"Long May She Reign"~
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.
"The devils NOT in the details, he's named in my divorce"

Offline Tribblechomper

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Photoshoplifter Dan
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2009, 06:37:17 AM »
OMG those are great photoshops.  I did one today, I will upload it as soon as the surprise it is for is over.  Or earlier if my inner five year old wins.

Hey there, little 5-year-old...wanna come out and play?

November 15, 2008-A day that will live in infamy...let's hope I'm not in the hospital THIS birthday!!!
Ah done an' went an' gots me a WEBSITE, y'all!!!
www.photoshoplifterdan.com

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2009, 06:39:21 AM »
*sees MJ...  :o ....runs away screaming*
Persephone aka The Liz
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.

Offline OnlyElise

• Posty McPostington
  • Beware the Tiny Dancing Flower Person!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »
Hey there, little 5-year-old...wanna come out and play?

Dude!!! That old white lady is tempting me!!GAAHHHHH!!!!!  I am so freaked out now...
She Who Must Be Obeyed. Or at least catered to, occasionally.

Offline OnlyElise

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2009, 12:07:13 AM »
Just added a few more pics to my Photography section on Facebook, if any other FB people are bored and need something to look at!  http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?page=1&aid=64304&id=704928269

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2009, 12:32:11 AM »
I haven't done much art lately... I'll be checkin out your work Brooke.
But for all the other photography enthusiasts...

I've decided to save up and buy a Nikon D80. Half because I can borrow my best friends lenses!  :D
But the hardest part now is waiting until I get the money saved... WAITING IS HARD!
Especially since I keep seeing deals online MSRP is $800. There was a site that offered a 3 day sale where I COULD HAVE gotten it for $309. GAHH!
I wish I had money NOW!
Persephone aka The Liz
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.

Offline OnlyElise

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2009, 01:55:12 AM »
Hope you like 'em Persephone! I think the ones I posted the first time are better, but the ones I put on tonight are okay, I think.

As far as money... there is a mini-DV camera I want on clearance at target. I know it's a good camera because we have the same one at work, but even so, it's hard to justify spending $160 when I can just borrow one from work for the night. The still camera I used to take the pics on my FB page was a $300 one. The pictures are really good but it doesn't have the detachable lenses. It DOES have one hell of a zoom though, as you'll see from the pictures of the lake and its surroundings. I took those from about a half mile to three quarter mile away, and they came out pretty nice.

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2009, 03:22:54 AM »
Hope you like 'em Persephone! I think the ones I posted the first time are better, but the ones I put on tonight are okay, I think.

As far as money... there is a mini-DV camera I want on clearance at target. I know it's a good camera because we have the same one at work, but even so, it's hard to justify spending $160 when I can just borrow one from work for the night. The still camera I used to take the pics on my FB page was a $300 one. The pictures are really good but it doesn't have the detachable lenses. It DOES have one hell of a zoom though, as you'll see from the pictures of the lake and its surroundings. I took those from about a half mile to three quarter mile away, and they came out pretty nice.

I love the pink orchid on the first page... Maybe it's not new, but I like it!  :) That and I really like the waterfall at night. Where is that?

And as far as me getting an SLR... I'm sortof in the same boat, I have a pretty good Kodak Digital, zooms okay, and does surprisingly good macros, so I don't NEED a new camera... But I've always WANTED a DSLR. So in Hubby's words,
"If you're going to get a new camera, it better be something you'll live with for a LONG time. There's no point in spending $300 on a camera if its not the one you really want."
So that said... I don't even have 300 yet... It'll take me a while to get that much... BUT I HAVE A DREAM! I just hope I don't run into any major financial issues in the meantime.
Persephone aka The Liz
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2009, 05:19:33 AM »
We had an SCA event on April 11th and created another subtlety (aka solteltie, meaning food art)  It was a castle, 100% edible!

If you would like to see it:  http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/blazeorama/Coronation%20Subtlety/

Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2009, 09:31:44 AM »
Blaze, the cheese cracker castle is great!  ;D
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Pratchett

I love finger sandwiches. The distal phalanges have such a nice, delicate crunch.

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »
Thanks!  I had a lot of help with the marzipan sculpture.
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline OnlyElise

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »
I love the pink orchid on the first page... Maybe it's not new, but I like it!  :) That and I really like the waterfall at night. Where is that?

And as far as me getting an SLR... I'm sortof in the same boat, I have a pretty good Kodak Digital, zooms okay, and does surprisingly good macros, so I don't NEED a new camera... But I've always WANTED a DSLR. So in Hubby's words,
"If you're going to get a new camera, it better be something you'll live with for a LONG time. There's no point in spending $300 on a camera if its not the one you really want."
So that said... I don't even have 300 yet... It'll take me a while to get that much... BUT I HAVE A DREAM! I just hope I don't run into any major financial issues in the meantime.

Persephone, I'm sorry, I didn't see your question about the orchid and waterfall until just now! The orchid was shot at Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, and the waterfall is The Big One... Niagara Falls from the American side. Don't let the pretty colors fool you... it was 38 and raining when that picture was taken!  lol I thought it came out pretty cool, though.

Themostocles

« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »
I am not very artistic, in any sense of the word.  But for a living I do 3D design and fabrication.  This is one of my first attempts at this particular design.  I am currently working on a more elaborate one with a more intricate back as well as etching and scrolling on it.  My medium was steel, in particular a 2"x2"x.120wall piece of tubing 24' long.

Aine

« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2009, 07:50:56 PM »
*looks left*

*looks right*

That is cool, Seth.  I can't even figure out how it is all one piece.  Did you cut one side at a time from a square? 

Themostocles

« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »
Its cut from a piece of tubing.  I just cut way the parts I didn't want.  You cut away the pack first, that way there is more stability before the metal gets too hot and starts to expand.  The seat of the chair is the only place that the tube remains uncut all the way around.  I hope that makes sense...  ???