Author Topic: Career as Publishing Editor  (Read 4716 times)

Offline THETA

• Conversationalist
  • Insert evil laugh now
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Career as Publishing Editor
« on: September 30, 2008, 03:55:58 AM »
Although i wouldn't risk my bread and butter on being a full blown author, i was thinking that working as an editor or marketing consultant or some such thing at a publishing house would be the next best thing.  I mean, being paid to read and write my opinions on it and correct grammar or other errors sounds amazing.  However, when i researched an editor's salary rates on Payscale, i found the results rather dismal.  Of course, Payscale doesn't take into account i might work my way into a major publishing house and make buku bucks, but it's quite fair and accurate as according to many other jobs as comparison to reality, such as an aerospace engineer or pharmacist, ect.  50,000 after five years isn't poverty level, but if i became a doctor like i originally planned, it's almost laughable.  I have the grades for the medical field as well as the passion and fortitude, but there's something about books and literature that arouses me more than the dogged pursuit of curiosity i feel for medicine and science.  I'm not sure.

There any editors on board?
The words on the mysterious door read:
"Fancy hearing cake."