Linked Events

• "Turn Coat" released: April 07, 2009

Author Topic: "Turn Coat" released April 7, 2009  (Read 76876 times)

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
Re: "Turn Coat" released April 7, 2009
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »
I have a good stop-gap measure: re-reading.

I've gotten into the habit of re-reading all the Dresden Files books before the new one comes out as well.  It refreshes my mind on the plot, and I always seem to notice things I hadn't seen before.
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2009, 05:44:18 PM »
This was the pattern I established:

1) Re-read the whole series before Book The Next comes out.
2) Read BTN.
3) Re-read BTN.
4) Re-read his OTHER series.
5) Re-read a couple of other SF/F series (two bookcases full of old favorites).
6) Twitch.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

ToddM326

« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »
This was the pattern I established:

1) Re-read the whole series before Book The Next comes out.
2) Read BTN.
3) Re-read BTN.
4) Re-read his OTHER series.
5) Re-read a couple of other SF/F series (two bookcases full of old favorites).
6) Twitch.

7) Lather
8) Rinse
9) Repeat

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »
No, #6 continues.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Da-wild-gerbil

« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2009, 08:57:10 AM »
Wish Jim would come to NZ. That would be so cool. Maybe I should kidnap him.  ;D

Offline MonaLS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2009, 07:48:38 PM »
Wish Jim would come to NZ. That would be so cool. Maybe I should kidnap him.  ;D

And risk the wrath of the rest of the fandom? ;)
“There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast” Anonymous

Offline Savannah Beth Brady

• Participant
  • I am the girl with a tear in her eye
    • View Profile
    • A Wizard for Hire
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2009, 05:10:45 AM »
I emailed Dog Eared Books from their website re getting a sign copy of this book, asking questions seeing as I was not in America, they have a link on their site .. I sent the email via the site on 2nd of March and have had no reply at all .. I am assuming that they only sell within America .. is there somewhere I can purchase a signed copy that will ship International ?

You can definitely purchase a copy internationally.  Email Tina again, asking she they got your order.  Everything will be fine!

Just wanted to let you know that I got a reply and my book is all ordered .. so just on the count down now .. ~S~

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • A Wizard for Hire
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2009, 05:12:02 AM »

I will help .. ~G~ ... it would be great if he could make it out here .. but we do have Dr Who this weekend in Wellington .. ~L~ .. No Jim Butcher .. but ..  ;D

Da-wild-gerbil

« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2009, 09:59:39 AM »
I will help .. ~G~ ... it would be great if he could make it out here .. but we do have Dr Who this weekend in Wellington .. ~L~ .. No Jim Butcher .. but ..  ;D

Is that Armageddon? That's at the TSB bank arena, right? Hmm dunno if its worth driving in from the Hutt.

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • A Wizard for Hire
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:38 AM »
Is that Armageddon? That's at the TSB bank arena, right? Hmm dunno if its worth driving in from the Hutt.

Yeah it is .. I am in Palm Nth and Im not going to bother driving down either .. seems like such an effort .. ~L~

Offline IEatChibi

• Conversationalist
  • April 23rd, April 23rd!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2009, 09:35:41 PM »
On the subject of book signing tours...
I know that Jim is probably the busiest man alive, but maybe on his next book signing tour he could, maybe, possibly, come down somewhere that could vaguely be described as South?  *puppy eyes, quivering bottom lip*

I know that much of the tour is set up around where he can fit in his schedule without it leading to full-blown overload, but maybe it could be looked into after the Codex Alera series ends this winter and Jim gets a little more free time :)
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."   -Groucho Marx

“It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living."   -Terry Pratchett

Offline caine74

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »
How bout a signing at good 'ol Mizzou. The new University of Missouri bookstore wold be a great place to do a signing. The great thing is that it is in the middle of the state for everyone to meet at centrally and not to far away for him to drive too.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
How bout a signing at good 'ol Mizzou. The new University of Missouri bookstore wold be a great place to do a signing. The great thing is that it is in the middle of the state for everyone to meet at centrally and not to far away for him to drive too.

If he does that, I'm going to hold an e-gun to the heads of my friends who live there in Columbia and MAKE them read Jim's books, so they'll know to go there and share in the fun. :D

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »

yeah, not a good idea unless he finds a shack there and starts cranking them out even faster!  On the other hand, Harry could use a field trip other than the field museum, the desert SW, and Arkansas right?  Enjoying seeing him in his enchanted coat, strolling the sand with washing waves, sun set colors, and --what kind of drink would Harry have in his hand?

....does NZ have pygmies?  Sort a like that idea... :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:00:25 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Aine

« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2009, 09:02:02 PM »
yeah, not a good idea unless he finds a shack there and starts cranking them out even faster!  On the other hand, Harry could use a field trip other than the field museum, the desert SW, and Arkansas right?  Enjoying seeing him in his enchanted coat, strolling the sand with washing waves, sun set colors, and --what kind of drink would Harry have in his hand?

....does NZ have pygmies?  Sort a like that idea... :D

Harry's drinking pygmies?  What?!  ;)