Linked Events

• "Turn Coat" released: April 07, 2009

Author Topic: "Turn Coat" released April 7, 2009  (Read 79207 times)

Offline THETA

• Conversationalist
  • Insert evil laugh now
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: "Turn Coat" released April 7, 2009
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2009, 01:45:14 AM »
awwww, but i can actually drive to San Diego.

*sniffles*
The words on the mysterious door read:
"Fancy hearing cake."

Offline Delarith

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »
And I was looking forward to taking my fiance to a book signing in St. Louis.  I enjoyed the last one there.  She just started Grave Peril.  I can't wait to hear it when she gets to what happened to Susan.

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
Does Mr. Butcher have any signing guidelines?  I know some places you have to buy the book at that location that day and the only book signed is the one being touted.  I plan to attend the signing in KY and don't want to make a pest of myself.
If I let everyone I thought was an idiot die, there wouldn't be many people left.

No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.

Offline corran horn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2009, 09:46:36 PM »
Does Mr. Butcher have any signing guidelines?  I know some places you have to buy the book at that location that day and the only book signed is the one being touted.  I plan to attend the signing in KY and don't want to make a pest of myself.

When I went to the Oakbrook signing last year there weren't any 'rules' that I saw...other than the fact that if you had  TON of things to sign you might be asked to get some signed after waiting your place in line and then go to the end for the rest of your things.  Jim signed many things for people, I asked him to sign Stormfront and the first Alera book (still unread, but on my list) along with SF, and he did so happily.  A lot of people brought a lot more things than just SF to sign.  I'll probably bring Mean Streets and a few more of the Dresden paperbacks.

Offline Nicodemusaurus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2009, 08:34:51 AM »
Stoked for the Omaha visit!  Nobody ever comes here...but I knew my patience would be rewarded.  Can't wait.

Offline LDSman

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2009, 10:23:38 AM »
When I went to the Oakbrook signing last year there weren't any 'rules' that I saw...other than the fact that if you had  TON of things to sign you might be asked to get some signed after waiting your place in line and then go to the end for the rest of your things.  Jim signed many things for people, I asked him to sign Stormfront and the first Alera book (still unread, but on my list) along with SF, and he did so happily.  A lot of people brought a lot more things than just SF to sign.  I'll probably bring Mean Streets and a few more of the Dresden paperbacks.

Cool.  Thanks for the info.  I think I'll bring a couple of the comics as well then.
If I let everyone I thought was an idiot die, there wouldn't be many people left.

No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.

Offline Lucid Moments

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2009, 08:33:39 PM »
Does anyone have any idea why they picked that particular date?  A Tuesday?  I was thinking about flying up to Chicago for this just because I am due at least a long weekend but a Tuesday makes that awkward.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2009, 09:12:18 PM »
Does anyone have any idea why they picked that particular date?  A Tuesday?  I was thinking about flying up to Chicago for this just because I am due at least a long weekend but a Tuesday makes that awkward.

I could be wrong, but Tuesdays are when new books are released, so I'd guess that's why.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline solo414

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Facebook!
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2009, 11:34:41 PM »
Tuesdays seem to be release dates for books, music, and movies.  Not sure why, but I'm sure some Suit thought it made sense.
I Survived the Unseelie Incursion of 1994.

Offline Infamous as Elle!

• Posty McPostington
  • Pwn Teh Sparkles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »
Yep, it's true and holds the same for the Comic Book industry.
[Insert Exceeding Clever And Snappy Quote Here.]

Awesomesauce is the new ketchup!  It goes with everything good!

Offline Taraza

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2009, 07:19:09 PM »
MSD said that Jim does virtual signings. I presume that's if you pre-order the book--what's the process on that and getting the signing?
You want me to help save the girl, overthrow the dark lord, and defend the innocents terrorized by dark magic. And you want me to do it because you're my long-lost half brother who needs someone noble to stand beside him in desperate battle for what is right. BR p166

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
I can't remember the store that's doing it at the moment.

Priscellie?
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »
Dog-Eared Books does the virtual signings.  We'll post details later on.

Offline Lucid Moments

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2009, 09:20:28 PM »
I could be wrong, but Tuesdays are when new books are released, so I'd guess that's why.

Huh.  I've never really paid that much attention to what day of the week a book comes out on.  Wonder why they pick a Tuesday.  Seems odd to me, but then I'm not in that industry so there could be all sorts of reasons for it.

Offline Infamous as Elle!

• Posty McPostington
  • Pwn Teh Sparkles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2009, 09:43:07 PM »
Huh.  I've never really paid that much attention to what day of the week a book comes out on.  Wonder why they pick a Tuesday.  Seems odd to me, but then I'm not in that industry so there could be all sorts of reasons for it.

So that they have Monday to panic and freak out at the last minute!  ;D
[Insert Exceeding Clever And Snappy Quote Here.]

Awesomesauce is the new ketchup!  It goes with everything good!