Author Topic: number of posts per page  (Read 12287 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: number of posts per page
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 05:23:53 PM »
I have been polite throughtout the thread

Sounds like your a typical worse is better convert.
you basically ignored him rather than find a fix, this is nonsense.

This is nonsense

I am sensing from you.... wait a minute, it's coming to me... wet feet? Yes, and... hmm... what's that in the distance... yes, pyramids.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »
At least we can all agree this discussion is over.

Offline Galahad

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »
Seems to me that 'us' newbies could be a bit less demanding and a bit more polite. As long as we're guests we might behave as guests. But hey, what do I know?

Offline Wizwad

• Seriously?
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »
I think it didn't help that there may have been some misunderstanding going on.  Not sure on who's part, though.  I don't think Rusty was talking about the threads proper, but about the thread titles screen which has a whole bunch of stickies (though less now that Bob's Oddities are sliding around :D ), but not having been around that long, maybe that's what Shecky, Katty, et al were talking about too.  I'm just confused.  ???  :)
Life  isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain. ~  Unknown

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »
Either way, it doesn't matter. Our benevolent tyrants found it was most efficient to do it this way, and that's the end of it. Obviously, while it's Such An Issue for some people that they can't megapersonalize everything that they have to snip at the administrators for not doing things The Right Way, it's a non-issue because it ain't gonna change. Unless the complainers wish to donate servers, bandwidth and money? No? Didn't think so. ;)

In short, Wiz, people were complaining over something that should've been a non-issue in the first place (whether it was about posts or threads doesn't matter in the end), got told it was a non-issue because of practical reasons, rejected others' practical reasons in favor of their own potentially microscopically-increased convenience and got the subject terminated.

Now it's time to put this thread out of its suffering. ;)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Lisa™

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 10:17:23 AM »
*Loads a shotgun and shoots the thread*
Quote from: CrazyGerbilLady
Full Assed FTW!

Quote from: Snowleopard
I have a friend who'd say: "That sounds vaguely obscene and if there's anything I can't stand it's vagueness!"