Author Topic: BS003 - A Long-expected Podcast  (Read 24904 times)

Wolfhowls

Re: BS003 - A Long-expected Podcast
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 01:22:04 PM »
What, eager for there to be no more Harry? :)

NO.....just have...to...wait....~sigh again~

Offline coughcool

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »
Just listen to the Podcast today. A lot of great info. Mr. Butcher is a busy man. Looking forward for his new projects.
Buy the way Podcast was GREAT. :)

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
  • Exodus 22:18 - "Suffer not a witch to live"
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 03:02:59 PM »
Alright, First I'm a long time listener of the Butcher Block, long time fan of Jim Butcher, long time lurker on the forums, short time poster on the forums. I've wanted to mention this on the last episode but I got side tracked...

I might be the only one but I'm just not a fan of the new "slowed down" version. It sounds so unnatural to me... I guess I didn't have any issue with the faster talk speed in the first place, but the speaking rhythm just sounds alien now.

I love the Butcher Block though, I'm always shocked how much information is crammed into 15 minutes of content. You're doing great work, keep it up. :D

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 03:33:54 PM »
Alright, First I'm a long time listener of the Butcher Block, long time fan of Jim Butcher, long time lurker on the forums, short time poster on the forums. I've wanted to mention this on the last episode but I got side tracked...

I might be the only one but I'm just not a fan of the new "slowed down" version. It sounds so unnatural to me... I guess I didn't have any issue with the faster talk speed in the first place, but the speaking rhythm just sounds alien now.

I love the Butcher Block though, I'm always shocked how much information is crammed into 15 minutes of content. You're doing great work, keep it up. :D

You're absolutely right about the "alien" quality of episode 2.  I was fighting the pace the whole time, and the end result still makes me cringe a bit.  I think I found a happy medium in episode 3, however.  I'd be very interested to hear what you think about this version!

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 04:07:11 PM »
You're absolutely right about the "alien" quality of episode 2.  I was fighting the pace the whole time, and the end result still makes me cringe a bit.  I think I found a happy medium in episode 3, however.  I'd be very interested to hear what you think about this version!

I've listened to Episode 3 and thats what reminded me to give my feedback. I think its better, but still unnatural sounding. Its hard to find the right pacing though. I record a podcast myself and constantly have to remind myself to not slur, or mumble. I noticed when I record myself I tend to talk faster and breath less then when I'm with the group having a conversation. Maybe if you tried to pretend you were just talking with someone instead of dictating you'd find yourself talking slower naturally.

If not, just talk slow and I'll just pretend ET is reading to me. I'm an easy audience to please. :D

Offline KillerMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »
Wow, ET.  I have no problem with the podcast.  When you were talking faster you sounded rushed but that was it.  Just keep pumping out those podcasts and I'll be happy.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 01:30:13 AM »
Priscilla's doing very well for just being three episodes in, at least as far as the solo gig goes.  My first three were pretty bad.  As usual, the lady gnome's well ahead of the curve. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 01:20:32 PM »
I whole heartily agree. Priscilla is an excellent host and the only critique I have is the speaking pace and I'm only critiquing that because I disagree with other listeners on the issue.

But seriously, keep up the great work! :D

Offline reed

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 07:20:35 AM »
Awesome.

I love all the tantalizing information you tease us with and I've been spending days trying to fight off reading the full review cause I hate Teasers. Once again, AWESOME. Thanks for all the work
Now starting the primary elections for Toot, King of Spring and Erlking, King of Autumn, with a special election for Winter Kingdom.

(I just made a crack-pot theory...What?...It could happen.)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 06:35:46 PM »
Awesome.

Once again, AWESOME. Thanks for all the work

Applause! Applause!  Take a bow, Ms Priscellie!  you rock!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Uilos

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Side of the Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 02:58:49 AM »
Yeah, I think you're doing a good job Pris. You sound alot like my friend Maeve, who oddly enough does random "Squee!"

It's also cool that you dropped a midtown comics store plug. I shouted "Hey! I've been there before!"
Quote from: Shecky
It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning. It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline ComicBookGoddess

• Conversationalist
  • "He called me monkey boy?" Tavi asked.
    • View Profile
    • Geek Pantheon
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 05:09:57 AM »
Miss Priscellie and Mr Iago:

As I mentioned in my VM, listened to the show... ALL of the shows... this week.  All in all, very awesome.  I find myself already pining for the next episode...

This is much like my usual behavior, where I visit the bookstore and pout at the shelves, just because the publisher hasn't seen fit to use that time machine to get me copies of the books that haven't been written yet.

But, then again, what if going forward in time to get the unwritten books prompts a huge publicity tour, wherein there is an accident and something happens and the books don't get published so the big tour doesn't happen...  And the next thing we know, it never gets to be tomorrow all because the publishers played with the nature of reality because I couldn't wait to get the next book in the series.

So I guess I'll just stick to the short stories.  *shrug*

As for Priscellie's performance - the only thing odd about 'Spress 3 was the giggling - sounded too much like giggling to yourself.  To be fair, I'm very very prone to it myself when recording a solo with no script.   Maybe the both of you should just pretend somebody is sitting right in front of you, soaking it all up...  ;)  But not me, that would just be scary.

The interview I mentioned is at the end of the Four Color Heroines podcast from 6/18.  Here's a link to the site - http://www.girl-wonder.org/4colorheroines.  Please don't make too much fun of my quivery-knees geek-squee interview style.  Our forum for comments is linked in the show notes.

I don't hit forums so much, but I'll be browsing around, perhaps you'll see me and I'll see you!
- Kim, a Comic Book Goddess, Host of Geek Pantheon and Your Moment of Kim Podcast, www.geekpantheon.com, and voice actress on several podiobooks.

<em>edited to remove unnecessary *bwaahahahaha*</em>

Vord Queen!  I choose YOU!