Author Topic: Advice for my pc and problems with this site  (Read 6591 times)

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
Advice for my pc and problems with this site
« on: June 14, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »
This is not really about this site, but I have problems on my home pc when using this site.  I have had that 'being kicked off-line" that I mentioned in another site.  But also, for some reason, when I click the "go" button at the bottom of a page to jump to another site,  it won't work.  Also, even though I do NOT have the don't use smileys button checked, it WILL NOT do smileys!  I am pretty sure this is something to do with my pc, but it is very frustrating.  Any idea how I can fix this?  (tried one more time to use the smile with the ???, but it didn't work)
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Offline gemstone

• Conversationalist
  • photo ©2008 gemstone
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for my pc and problems with this site
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 03:15:25 PM »
Never Mind!  I fixed it myself.  My son had changed some security settings so his son who is here during the day during the summer, couldn't access the things 11 year old boys like to access.   :-[    In doing so, he turned SOMETHING off.  I just clicked "restore default settings" and now things are working again.  Sheesh!   :D
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."