Author Topic: BS002 - Slowdown on the Lowdown  (Read 46784 times)

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
Re: BS002 - Slowdown on the Lowdown
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
Also, take note of the new image graphic for the 'Spress!  It's a companion to the autographed butcher block for the main 'cast.  Jim signed it for me at NY Comic Con. :D

Priceless. I don't care what Shecky says, this is perfect. (And I like your taste in pizza too!)
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 05:49:11 PM »
1.  I think as long as it doesn't have tofu or weird vegetables, Harry would be cool with it.
2.  Actually, it's my friend John's box knife!
3.  At least I got an exterminator out of it!  I live in New York, after all. :D

1) You sure you want to chance that? Pizza purists are hard to convince. ;)
2) I can live with that, but still, "This is MY box knife."
3) And finally, the fae have met their match: the NYC cockroach. Even with Mab about to stomp one, it would look at her with a face that says, "WHAT, bltch."
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Wolfhowls

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 05:58:14 PM »
1) You sure you want to chance that? Pizza purists are hard to convince. ;)
2) I can live with that, but still, "This is MY box knife."
3) And finally, the fae have met their match: the NYC cockroach. Even with Mab about to stomp one, it would look at her with a face that says, "WHAT, bltch."

~laughes~ Yeah I could see the last one.

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »
Its probably because I am easily pleased, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with the last Butch'Spress.  Except maybe the constant apologies for it being "too long".  It was just fine.  This one was great too.  I didn't hear anything worth complaining about.  Good job, Ms. Prisc.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Lady Knight Ignus

• Participant
  • Does anyone else hear ... strings?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 09:58:48 PM »
Like JRBobC, I thought that both this and the previous Butcher 'Spress were well done.  The pacing of both was fine to my ears.  Having more, shorter podcasts is a great idea!  I can't wait for the next one 8)
"So we get a plan," I said. "Any suggestions?"
"Blow up the building," Kincaid said without looking up. "That works good for vampires. Then soak what's left in gasoline. Set it on fire. Then blow it all up again."

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 01:41:52 AM »
Oh, 'Cellie honey, methinks you were hurting yourself working so hard to speak at human rates.  ;) Your Southern doesn't show as much as mine does (not in the pronunciation, just in the pacing, phrasing and expressions).

You are such a fangrrl. That's a good thing, unlike my usual snark set-up.  :D

Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
Oh, 'Cellie honey, methinks you were hurting yourself working so hard to speak at human rates.  ;) Your Southern doesn't show as much as mine does (not in the pronunciation, just in the pacing, phrasing and expressions).

You are such a fangrrl. That's a good thing, unlike my usual snark set-up.  :D

Yeah, I should have re-recorded the opening after finding my stride later in the episode.  It's kind of painful. :D

And as for the fannishness... Fred and I are doing a podcast as fellow fans for fellow fans, less as authorities from on high, so getting completely geeked about Jimstuff is entirely apropos. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 02:09:04 PM »
Heh. I wouldn't call it painful. Especially when it reminds me of Dory from Finding Nemo talking to the whales. ;)

As I said, your fangrrldom is a fun thing in a podcast. And haven't you realized that DOING the podcast makes you an authority on high? I mean, jeez, they made a Goddess thread for you - and someone who has the presence of mind to bring an orange box knife to Jim for signing ain't quite a vanilla mortal.  :P

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 03:25:40 PM »

As I said, your fangrrldom is a fun thing in a podcast. And haven't you realized that DOING the podcast makes you an authority on high? I mean, jeez, they made a Goddess thread for you - and someone who has the presence of mind to bring an orange box knife to Jim for signing ain't quite a vanilla mortal.  :P

Is true. *genuflects and leaves pizza at your altar.*
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »
*consumes the pizza, with great decorum*

Hee, I never said I wasn't an authority on high.  The idea that I am kind of weirds me out, but I accept it.  But I choose to emphasize the Fangirl aspect of my personality more than the Privileged Beta aspect, because a podcast of "You know all those theories you have about [blank]?  They're all wrong!  But I'm not gonna tell you what happens, nyah nyah!" would result in my immediate tar and feathering. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »
Probably wise. Sue started looking at me funny when I started the beta, and while she claimed not to want to know in advance, she kept asking sideways questions that amounted to the same thing... but if I had answered her or done ANYTHING other than avoiding the question altogether, I would've been gutted and left for the cats. ;D

And there's no way to consume a pizza with decorum of any flavor unless you're using fork and knife, and then you get whapped with the frou-frou bat.

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »
*consumes the pizza, with great decorum*

"You know all those theories you have about [blank]?  They're all wrong!  But I'm not gonna tell you what happens, nyah nyah!" would result in my immediate tar and feathering. :D

Wouldn't know about pizza, I hate cheese so I don't eat that often.

As for the tar and feathering, while an amusing image, I think it would likely be pitchforks, torches, cloves of garlic, and stakes to be burned on. ;D
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »
I hate cheese

Speaking of pitchforks and torches...

*eyebrows with extreme prejudice*

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 04:31:50 PM »
It puts him in good company.  Jim hates cheese, too.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »
Jim's already been heckled by me on that subject (you seriously don't remember my squawking at PhauxCon about it?!?  :o ). Then again, I guess we're all allowed ONE major character flaw... ;D