Linked Events

• TC signing in Kansas City, MO: April 16, 2009

Author Topic: April 16: TC signing in Kansas City, MO  (Read 6449 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
April 16: TC signing in Kansas City, MO
« on: January 26, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »
KANSAS CITY, MO
Thursday, April 16th, 2009
KANSAS CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY
4801 Main St
Kansas City, MO 64112
6:30 PM: Reading and signing.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
Re: April 16: TC signing in Kansas City, MO
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:27:51 AM »
I'm eagerly awaiting this but I was curious, does anyone know why this time there wasn't a stop in St. Louis or even Jeff City?  I live about 40 mi. outside of St. Louis so it's gonna be quite a drive :(.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
  • (Ooo I geta personal text...) The goblins did it.
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »
also does anyone know anything about if I need to pay for parking at the KC signing, and if it is cash or change only? ... and if there are any extra funds that will be needed?
Chocolate, food of the gods, a taste fo hevean, oh lend me the pleasure of your flavor on my pallet.

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 02:58:32 PM »
IT WAS TOTALLY COOL!

Had so much fun! who else went?
Chocolate, food of the gods, a taste fo hevean, oh lend me the pleasure of your flavor on my pallet.

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
  • Thankful for all my years with Bob! RIP mdodd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »
Themostocles & I went.   I had the Great Pleasure of thanking Jim for dedicating Turn Coat to Bob and shariing a hug with him and then introducing Them to him!   Jim had his Charisma running at about warp 9 or so all evening.  He's So Charming and Articulate and Warm and Funny!  It was Supremely FUN! 

We met DrygonDM after the Q&A's while waiting at the back of the line to get books signed.  Also talked to a number of fane who aren't on the forum yet, but intend to sign on soon. 

The library rep counted 160 attendees!  (not as big as Chicago, but her largest gathering in this area, as far as I know.  The Barnes & Noble folks were quite happy with the sales.  The last of us took some pictures, I gave him a copy of Celebrating Bob, he gave me a free sampler book with one of Shannon's short stories, and we all walked out together and saw Jim into his limo (he was still officially 'on tour'.   Hugged him again, and, with his permission, kissed his cheek, explaining that it wasn't just from me, but also on behalf of at least a half dozen other female fans.  He appreciated that. 

And a great time was had by all, as far as I know.  Wow.  Still glowing. 

Gotta run, now & finish packing for Alaska.  Will post pics when I get home in early May.  Them will undoubtedly post his much sooner. *grins*

Hugs.

"When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »
MAY?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOO! Themo, get crackin'!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »
I wrote a whole long thing on DA about my experience. ^__^ twas AWESOME!!!!!! http://sabresedge.deviantart.com/journal/24283261/ the most exciting thing for me was that before it started he sat on the stairs front of the first row with us and talked till it started! ...lol I was the one in the straw fedora .... and asked about the vampire courts. ... me and my friends were very loud....

Offline Purpura

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »
MAY?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOO! Themo, get crackin'!

C'mon Themostocles, We're waiting!!!!!!!!! Heehee.
(click to show/hide)

Offline NicodemusGirl

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 04:51:49 PM »
Yes, definitely an exciting event. It was my first ever book-signing. I've never gone out of my way for an author, but it was simply too good to pass up. I'm from Florida myself and just happened to move to Missouri in time to attend. I was utterly overjoyed to find that Jim Butcher is every bit as good humored and fun as his writing suggests. I only wish that I'd had more time to stay around, and that I'd asked him to write something from Nicodemus in my copy of Turn Coat!
Maybe next time ^_^ Beyond that, it was a great experience and I'm -so- glad I was able to go.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange eons, even Death may die.

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
i laughed when his teachers came :D ... and yes he is very humorous

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 02:24:56 AM »
It was awesome definately worth the long trip I made to go.  Although I learned that Sheriffs out there get real pissy if you do 60 in the left hand lane of I-70 ><.  I felt a little stupid I had asked the question about Toot and the Summer court because I could have sworn the fairies had been a part of Summer.  Thankfully Jim cleared up that they are considered Wyldfae, although his comment about the sidhe coming from somewhere makes me wonder if he has a certain path planned for Toot toot.  But I digress, it was awesomeness :D
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline sabresedge

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • my DA site
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 05:49:04 AM »
I kinda thought that Toot was summer too... and i thought it was a good question. :) ... I had never thought about him getting bigger... O.o