Author Topic: Author In Progress  (Read 209467 times)

Offline The Grinning Psychopath

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Author In Progress
« Reply #360 on: June 02, 2010, 02:52:59 AM »
one description i guess of what TC, and Karrin are supposed to do is this.

Karrin is the one who is to save the world, and its people. from complete and utter destruction. and the more she does, the more it costs her parts of her social life, and other parts of her life.

TC is the one who saves the world and its people from corruption, and acts of self destruction. but the more he does, the more corrupt he tends to become.
Banned, for Seven days, and seven nights. For being a belligerent, juvenile brat.  Hmmm, I do believe that is the compliment, I have ever received. *Grin* see you all, in seven days, I will be sure, to have dearest Valentine, My love. Save you up a spot, next to him, so you can bask in all his glory

Offline belial.1980

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 02, 2010, 03:22:23 AM »
Hey Psycho!

You've got a lot of interesting things going on with your story line. Sounds pretty awesome. Your ideas sound really well thought out. Keep writing! Write every day. Read books about writing. Read books, period. Keep at it and I have no doubt you'll write some really great stories. Good luck!
Love cannot save you from your fate.

- Jim Morrison

Offline Sihaya

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 07, 2010, 02:41:25 AM »
Hi, I'm Sihaya.  I haven't written anything professionally since over fifteen years ago when I was a human interest reporter for the local rag.  Then this spring I went to a talk and signing for Changes, and my head cracked open like an egg.  I'm not writing alot right now - the curse of the SAHM.  I hope to change that over the course of the summer.  I'm frightened that I'll suck.  I'm exhilerated that I'm trying (I've gotten to 400 words per day!  Woot!).  I've got this faintly familiar tickle in my lobes.  Can you get an adrenaline rush from sitting in front of a word processor?  Heheheheheh.  Oh God, I'm such a fool.

Thanks to Mister Butcher for turning me into one of the many dribbling idiots who think that they might have a snowball's chance in hell of writing for money.  Jerk.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 07, 2010, 11:25:04 AM »
Your goal is publication?  Write because you must like breathing and enjoy the ride. Welcome!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Sihaya

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 07, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »
Of course I write because I like it.  Thank you.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2010, 02:39:44 PM »
So cool. Keep us posted. Maybe we need a #amwriting type thread to post wod count or page count or a place to pat each others shoulders for accomplishing goals?  Would that help? 
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 07, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »
Might be a cool thing. 

Offline Sihaya

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 07, 2010, 08:55:43 PM »
Sort of like a NaNo thread?  That would be fun.  I'm still outlining my big idea and doing alot of reading, so my progress bar won't go up for a while.  I just saw this thread as an opportunity to say "Howdy!" in the meantime.  So, uh, howdy.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 07, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »
I'd go for that.  Hey, whatever happened to that 'how to write a synopsis' thread idea you had, meg?
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 07, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
Sort of like a NaNo thread?  That would be fun.  I'm still outlining my big idea and doing alot of reading, so my progress bar won't go up for a while.  I just saw this thread as an opportunity to say "Howdy!" in the meantime.  So, uh, howdy.
I've never done NaNo, but you might check in with the #amwriting on twitter.  There are no goals other than personal, but when you feel that 'I'm a lonely writer in the middle of no where and no one understands me."  It's a nice little place to post your progress.  People stick tips in there too for example.

I'd go for that.  Hey, whatever happened to that 'how to write a synopsis' thread idea you had, meg?
Dropped into the drain, they say is my brain. Wait, counting syllables... I made a tiny poem!  I still think it was an excellent idea and will get something posted shortly.  Same with the word count.  We've had several writers mention that they hit a spot and stagnate.  Maybe it will help push them over the hump into smooth writing again.

edited because of my recurring grammar monstrosity of sticking in a da** blasted "  '  " where it doesn't belong.  How come you know it logically, but repeatedly your fingers don't get the message?  What is with that?  Someday my fingers will probably take over my body completely. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:51:04 PM by meg_evonne »

Offline jeno

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 07, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
I know of groups that use their chat rooms to hold Word Wars - at a set time every day (or whenever you feel like opening the room), authors write for a set blocks of time. 35 minutes, take a break, twenty minutes, take a break, forty minutes, etc.

And I notice the JB boards now have chat rooms with channels...
You think you know how this story is going to end, but you don't. -Christopher Moore

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 07, 2010, 10:13:09 PM »
I know of groups that use their chat rooms to hold Word Wars - at a set time every day (or whenever you feel like opening the room), authors write for a set blocks of time. 35 minutes, take a break, twenty minutes, take a break, forty minutes, etc.

And I notice the JB boards now have chat rooms with channels...
oh wow.  what a wonderful idea!  I'd be willing for a drop by occasionally as the schedule worked out.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 07, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »
Maybe we could hold something semi-regularly in a writer chat room.  Not even necessarily anything organized, but just a time when everyone knows other people will try to be around.  Otherwise, it's catch-as-catch-can, and people are apt to be the only one in there for as long as they can stand it.

Not that organized stuff would be bad, either.  Like targeted but open discussion.  Hm.  I think I'll start a new thread!
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Sihaya

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 08, 2010, 04:57:33 AM »
Oh wow, these are all great ideas, from the threads with the periodic shoutouts to the chat channel challenges.

Offline The Grinning Psychopath

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 10, 2010, 06:13:10 AM »
almost twenty three pages of my first book, about Karrin are complete!! i have been writing every day, not always about TC and Karrin. but mostly them. and stretching out my Writing muscles!! *Sighs happily* and I got a new Love interest for Karrin, while doing this!

an older, quite tall, Really quite Athletic Cop, Named Salvo! in his late Thirties! of whom i am thinking about having get turned into a Werewolfe!

got a nifty slightly humorous, explanation. for why everyone thinks, the world is gonna end in 2012 written in there as well! *Sighs happily*

PS does anyone know how long i should leave my 16 gigabyte MP3 player charging?

PPS twenty three pages may not seem like much, but till today, i only had about six pages done. SO Yay for me! i'm beating down that confounded Writer's BLOCK! with the mighty aid of Winterborn! Marylin My Bitterness! Perfect! Here Comes The Rain, & Defender! by Cruxshadows! there to cover my BACK!!

PPPS i'm somewhat stoned on caffeine right now.

PPPPS does anyone have any ideas, of what i should call Karrin's series? i'm just calling it Karrin's turn right now, cause the idea of her came after TC. oh and my ideas for the name of TC's series, would be these. The Virtue to Vice series, & The Virtue Vs Vice series. should i be telling you guys about this? i don't want anyone stealing my ideas here! i'm feeling kinda paranoid right now! anyway let me know which sounds Better The Virtue to Vice series, or the Virtue Vs Vice series.

oh god, i hope no one steals these i got so much planned out! so many tragedies, so much angst, so much starcrossed lovers! so much Byronic Hero characteristics planned out for TC, so many drug's for TC to repeatedly try out, get addicted to, detox from, and overdose on.
Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, LSD, Morphine, Fentanyl, Oxymorphone, Opium, Marijauna, cocaine!

Oxycodone is gonna be his favorite drug of choice. because if need be he can think through it. he doesn't really like really powerful drugs, like Morphine and Heroin. which he can't think through. but if there is no such need, he can easily just lose himself in synthetic bliss. Oxycodone brings.

i really shouldn't be saying all this, should I? oh well. i need to bounce ideas off someone! and seeing as i am pretty much friendless, and the few friends i do have, don't know jack about writing! YOu guys are all i HAVE! my dad doesn't even really care, i think. course that could just be teenage hormones. but who knows, i certainly wouldn't. i mean, i am a teenager, only 14. with wild, fiery hormones, clouding every decision i make!

my heart's beating like a thousand miles per hour! i took in 200 mgs of Caffeine. just a 100 away from overdose. good lord!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:45:03 AM by The Grinning Psychopath »
Banned, for Seven days, and seven nights. For being a belligerent, juvenile brat.  Hmmm, I do believe that is the compliment, I have ever received. *Grin* see you all, in seven days, I will be sure, to have dearest Valentine, My love. Save you up a spot, next to him, so you can bask in all his glory