Author Topic: Author In Progress  (Read 209430 times)

cenwolfgirl

Re: Author In Progress
« Reply #540 on: July 05, 2012, 08:12:50 PM »
hello i am new ish
wow um not shore how that is a bad thing
but good luck with fixing it
i did manige some writing tuseday but other then that my time is still no exsistant  :(

Offline Naomi

• Participant
  • Wait ... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 06, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »
Hi CWG!  The situation is where a series of misfortunes begin for my main character.  The events are tied together, and pile one on top the other beginning at that time, and place.  Other danger is known to be in the area, danger my MC is aware of, yet I had my MC blithely ambling around even though her knowledge of the danger meant that she should be anywhere except there.  The question, "why was she there?" had no logical answer.  I put her there because I needed her to be there.  In order to validate her presence, I had to change some rules of my urban fantasy novel's world -- from my character's abilities, to the relationship between humans and non-humans.  I had to restructure many aspects of the entire story to be consistent with the new rules.  All of that was necessary because I forgot to really look at the beginning of my story, and make sure that the main character had a logical reason for being present.  My bottom is still sore from kicking myself.   ;)

I hope your schedule improves, allowing you more time to write.   :)
I'm too young for senior discounts, but old enough to be thrilled when I get carded.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #542 on: July 06, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »
oops
normally my beginings are not the bits i have problems with
the endings another story
i have to restructore a lot of my book but don't have time and am half way though writing it
i foolishly decided that i could put the three sepiret books together as they all follow on from each other and now i have to do some tweaking also i think i have got a chr in two places at the same time
 ::)
oh well learning expirences
must look on the bright side
wont have time to do any of this for 4 weeks  :(

Offline Naomi

• Participant
  • Wait ... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »
Combining three books into one sounds like an epic undertaking.  Good on you, CWG!

I haven't put a character in two places at once (not yet, anyway  -- give me time), but I have misplaced secondary and tertiary characters.  I'll put a character into a scene, and then forgot they are there.  The next time I write a scene where that character is integral, I have to go back through my writing to find where I last left them.   ::)
I'm too young for senior discounts, but old enough to be thrilled when I get carded.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #544 on: July 07, 2012, 04:29:03 PM »
lol i have to do that a lot as well
my promeble is i am trying to play with time travle
it dsorta works kinda most of the time maybe  :-\
 ;D
yeah i am going to write them sepretly then put them to gether after words
part one is done part two half way done
give me another 2 years then i might have it finnished

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #545 on: July 16, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »
Sold 66 books last week and my current amazon rank for Admiral Who?

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,530 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

#63 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
    #99 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Science Fiction > Adventure

So I am feeling pumped right now.  Total sales for the month.... so far 122

way to go nato hahahahahah

the Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #546 on: July 28, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
I'm very pleased to announce that my novel Murder Ballad is now available as a trade paperback direct from CreateSpace and as a Kindle e-book:
"Manhattan in 1947 is a man's world, but hard-boiled redhead Allison Malloy can match the boys drink for drink and wisecrack for wisecrack. As secretary to a private eye, she knows typing and shorthand are only part of the job--and the job just might kill her. Rescuing her boss from the clutches of a dangerous femme fatale, helping him beat a murder rap, and saving his life don't pay extra, but that won't stop Malloy from trying..."

A hard copy is now available on Amazon as well.
I'm very proud of this book.  Writing it was one of the hardest, but most satisfying things I've done in a long time.  Please feel free to visit my website and follow the links to read an excerpt and purchase the book: http://elizabethkwadsworth.com/
And of course, reviews--good, bad, indifferent, but above all, honest--are welcome!  :)

edited to add description and (hopefully)  photo)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:10:56 PM by LizW65 »
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #547 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »
I'm very pleased to announce that my novel Murder Ballad is now available as a trade paperback direct from CreateSpace and as a Kindle e-book:
"Manhattan in 1947 is a man's world, but hard-boiled redhead Allison Malloy can match the boys drink for drink and wisecrack for wisecrack. As secretary to a private eye, she knows typing and shorthand are only part of the job--and the job just might kill her. Rescuing her boss from the clutches of a dangerous femme fatale, helping him beat a murder rap, and saving his life don't pay extra, but that won't stop Malloy from trying..."

A hard copy is now available on Amazon as well.
I'm very proud of this book.  Writing it was one of the hardest, but most satisfying things I've done in a long time.  Please feel free to visit my website and follow the links to read an excerpt and purchase the book: http://elizabethkwadsworth.com/
And of course, reviews--good, bad, indifferent, but above all, honest--are welcome!  :)

edited to add description and (hopefully)  photo)

Way to go LizW65!

Murder mysteries that don't involve magic aren't really my bag, but I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work and don't let anyone.  Not even yourself get you down!

Always Follow the Dream,

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 29, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
Thanks for the support, Deposed King!
One question: how do you track sales on Amazon? I can't for the life of me figure that out.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #549 on: July 30, 2012, 02:13:22 AM »
Thanks for the support, Deposed King!
One question: how do you track sales on Amazon? I can't for the life of me figure that out.

The short answer is this:  https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/reports

The long answer is just go in like you normally do.  At the top of the page are when you log into your book shelf where you published your book are: Bookshelf, Reports, Community, KDP Select,

Simply click your mouse on the Reports section and voila it takes you to the page you need.  Then just click on month to date sales and voila!  presto rearrango you are able to see your massive sales.  For me, I had a massive 1 sale my first day or something there abouts.

The Deposed King

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 30, 2012, 12:27:16 PM »
Thanks! (Grand total of 2 here.) :)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #551 on: August 02, 2012, 08:09:57 AM »
Thanks! (Grand total of 2 here.) :)

I sold 50 today, the first day of the new month.  But it took me two and a half months before I got better than 1 book sale a day on average.  Don't get discouraged, just get started on the sequel or next project.

remember don't let anyone, not even yourself, get you down,

The Deposed King

Offline Eibhlin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 02, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
I have been writing for easily 10 years, probably more.  I haven't gotten anything published yet--still working on that part.  But I do have a website with some short stories and a novel that my husband and I wrote together.  www.gorthus.com  I am considering e-publishing, but I need to have cover art which costs more than I can afford right now.
"All that is gold does not glitter"

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 04, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »
Hi, we normally respond promptly, but summer can get a bit crazy. Welcome to our site and the author craft forum. I note that you are up to  89 posts--so I'm sure you've made yourself at home. Keep us posted on your progress!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #554 on: September 07, 2012, 01:31:21 AM »
I have been writing for easily 10 years, probably more.  I haven't gotten anything published yet--still working on that part.  But I do have a website with some short stories and a novel that my husband and I wrote together.  www.gorthus.com  I am considering e-publishing, but I need to have cover art which costs more than I can afford right now.

You could always do the covers yourself....I would start here: http://www.thebookdesigner.com/.

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com