Author Topic: Author In Progress  (Read 209438 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: Author In Progress
« Reply #420 on: February 10, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
Kyle might need one later on. He sorta looses his hand and few other things. The hand gets eaten and the bones get sent back to him as a necklace.
  ooooh!  fun!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 16, 2011, 01:54:46 AM »
I'm not sure if this qualifies for this section but here goes.

I have my BA in creative writing from Humboldt State University and have two books in the works. One is a Scifi novel about humanities first contact in the near future focusing on the main character who is the apitamy of average but has to become a hero as the poo hits the space fan.

the second is a sword and sorcery type novel focusing on necromancy while challenging the usual archetypes.

i also have a a fashion blog called http://free-thinkers-fashion.blogspot.com/ which i am trying to do as a profession.
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:07 AM »
welcome Nick!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #423 on: May 06, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »
Well, last night I took a first step and sent my query letter off to Query Shark.  Looking forward to being ripped to shreds!
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 06, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
Send me a copy to meg_evonne@yahoo.com, if you like. I feel like a semi-pro query reader these days.

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #425 on: May 06, 2011, 06:38:22 PM »
Thanks Meg, I'll be happy to. :)
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline Breandan

• Conversationalist
  • Fear the Combat Teddy-Bear Robe!
    • View Profile
    • the Dark Nova Novels Website
« Reply #426 on: May 07, 2011, 05:41:13 AM »
Meg, would you mind if I did the same? The RPG has had me sidelined from finishing the editing and such of the novel, so it wouldn't be any time soon, but we're about to publish it which will free me up to finish by July.
"You know, the sad part is, that whole Combat Teddy Bear Robe incident was done while sober... *facepalm* "

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 07, 2011, 02:35:55 PM »
For reviewing your query or your manuscript? No problem with the query, but I've severely limited my manuscript reads unless I get equal pages back with equal detailed crit.

Feel free to send query or 30 pages of manuscript whenever however!

Offline Ramenth

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2011, 08:01:28 PM »
Hey everyone. Some how I managed to miss this forum in my life as a lurker on the boards, but, now that I've seen it...

I'm just finishing up my BA in creative writing from UCSC and have been hard at work on an Urban Fantasy/Legal Thriller hybrid that will hopefully get finished (in early draft form) by mid summer.

So... yeah. That's me. I have no life outside of that until the school year ends.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 14, 2011, 12:33:57 AM »
Life, life?  What is this LIFE you speak of?? ::)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 14, 2011, 12:16:55 PM »
Rameth: I'm just finishing up my BA in creative writing from UCSC and have been hard at work on an Urban Fantasy/Legal Thriller hybrid that will hopefully get finished...

Welcome and as a huge grisham and new lincoln lawyer fan, I can't wait for this series. As far as I know, it sounds like fresh exciting genre mix.

Oh, and get a life.  It will greatly improve your writing!!  Hugs.  We can't live on words alone.  Feed your craft with life, even at the end of school years.

Offline Nicodemus Carpenter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 15, 2011, 11:00:07 PM »
Newbie here.  Came here because I'm starting to write again after a long break and I was checking out some of my favorite authors for writing advice.  Finding Jim's livejournal was almost enough to convince me that there is a loving God, and then I find there's even a writing community on the site itself. 

As for myself, I'm a twenty-six year old male who's dabbled with writing in the past but never really put in the required effort to complete a story to my satisfaction.  The series I'm working on now has been bubbling in my noggin for about 6 years in one form or another, and I finally feel like I have a solid enough grasp on the world, the backstory, and the destination to get to work on a first draft. I'll definitely come to seek help here when I start running into problems.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 15, 2011, 11:32:08 PM »
Welcome, and come to share your own knowledge with us. Creativity doesn't need a degree; just brain cells that spark! A comment you share on an idea might spark the next great book, and likewise, someone may fire up your brain cells on a dark and hopeless night.  

We write not because we want to do so on a whim; we write because we must.

Offline Breandan

• Conversationalist
  • Fear the Combat Teddy-Bear Robe!
    • View Profile
    • the Dark Nova Novels Website
« Reply #433 on: May 16, 2011, 01:55:52 AM »
Well, it's not a novel, but the RPG I wrote is now published, just hit the printers last night and should be shipping out in two weeks. So, I am officially published... sorta :D
"You know, the sad part is, that whole Combat Teddy Bear Robe incident was done while sober... *facepalm* "

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 16, 2011, 03:54:40 AM »
Yippeee! And, yes, I think that counts in my book.