Author Topic: Published Author On Board  (Read 138670 times)

Offline williammarkham

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Published Author On Board
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2017, 11:05:20 PM »
Hi All,

I'm seeing that self-published might count here. If it does, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I recently completed my first novel MISSING: A Mason Gray Case. I used Create Space for the print version and KDP for the ebook.

I'll admit, I'm using this forum to promote it, but I think Dresden fans will find it appealing since it is an Urban Fantasy set in Chicago with a hard-boiled main character.

The whole process of writing and self-publishing has been incredibly fascinating and challenging and now I'm trying to learn the marketing aspect. If anyone is interested in finding out more, check out my blog. williamcmarkham.weebly.com

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2017, 12:01:29 AM »
Great to have you here!

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline williammarkham

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2017, 12:37:24 AM »
Thanks! Can't believe it took me this long to find my way on here. I've been a fan for years and never had any friends who shared my interest.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2017, 01:12:16 AM »
It used to be a lot hotter in Author Craft but the hay day was maybe 2013-2015.  There are a number of reasons but not being able to share and critique story's here are a large part of it I believe.

Anyway happy to have you!

The Deposed king

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline AcheronEHJ

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2017, 10:08:12 AM »
Hi all. I figured I should introduce myself somewhere, and since I technically qualify for this thread I'll do it here.

I can't claim any cool fiction titles like a lot of the people before me, but I've always got a few chugging away that hopefully will get finished at some point. I do have a few educational books on Amazon though, plus a couple more that I ghost-wrote for to earn extra money back while I was job-hunting following the 2009 crash). They're not super-sexy, but they're nice and aimed at kids, so the world is probably a tiny bit better because they exist rather than not.

I currently live in London, where I manage an artificial intelligence team for a large gaming company. If anyone is in the area, feel free to give me a shout. I spent several years in Germany before this, and a lifetime in the US originally.

DF remains one of my favorite series, hence the urge to drop by and say hello. I think Jim needs to stop having so much fun and get back to work on it though :)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2017, 10:58:21 PM »
Welcome AcheronEHJ
 Congrats on the books and writing for kids may seem simple but isn't.
 As for JB, sometimes the mind needs to clear itself with simple fun.
  Enjoy and be safe.
   Snowleopard.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2017, 07:54:45 PM »
Great to have you!

The Deposed King

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2017, 02:04:46 AM »
Hey there! Glad you stopped by!

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline JasonR77

• Lurker
  • Gast pretty well flabbered
    • View Profile
    • Professional Facebook
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
I've waited a long time to be able to post here! I just got an offer yesterday for a publishing contract!

I'll add more details as soon as I get them, including my name of course...but I just wanted to share the exciting news!

Offline King Shisa

• Posty McPostington
  • Almost good enough... but not quite
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2019, 02:43:19 AM »
I've waited a long time to be able to post here! I just got an offer yesterday for a publishing contract!

I'll add more details as soon as I get them, including my name of course...but I just wanted to share the exciting news!

Jealousy triggered...

Congratulations. Truthfully, congratulations.

Still jealous tho...
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.