Author Topic: One More Day/Brand New Day(Spider-man Related)  (Read 12485 times)

Offline Stuart1512

• Participant
    • View Profile
One More Day/Brand New Day(Spider-man Related)
« on: February 26, 2008, 08:50:46 AM »
I know theres probably no way in hell Jim is going to reply to this, but can't blame a guy for trying, i know that he is a big comic and Spiderman fan and i was wondering what he thought about the recent arc(if he's read it of course  ::) heh) One More Day and Brand New Day. I really really hated One More Day, just for what they did to Spideys character and the changes Joe Q made to his history. Thats got to be one of the riskiest and dumbest moves to try and get new readers into a series.

PS:

*Sign here if you want Marvel to hire Jim to write for a Spider-Man arc in the future*

Offline Bob

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Knight
    • View Profile
Re: One More Day/Brand New Day(Spider-man Related)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »

*Sign here if you want Marvel to hire Jim to write for a Spider-Man arc in the future*

And have to wait longer for new Dresden and Codex Alera as a result?  Screw that!
Solve a man's problem with violence, help him for a day.  Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime!

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »
Stuart, Stuart, Stuart,  Where are your priorities???

No way do I want Jim's time diverted....  You need to start a poll to see if this is one of the most foolish ideas put forward on jb to date.  :-)   

"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:30:34 PM »
I have to say that after Civil War/OMD/BND hiring Jim is the only way I would buy another marvel comic. That said, I would still hate it because while Darkest Hours proved Jim can write Spidey really well, I still wouldn't want to read it because he would be constrained by the editorial veto of Joe Q.

AND, I would not want Jim's time diverted. I like having one new Dresden and Alera book per year, and Darkest Hours also proved that doing more than two books a year is not good for Jim's well being.
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 12:07:41 AM »
uhmmm pretty cool.  AI marketing robot tosses up a Spidy & Marvel headers....  that's actually really nifty!

Oops, maybe it was an accident because it was replaced by more boring stuff....
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Gunslinger

• Participant
  • Cute Fuzzy Bunny Kittens of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:34:13 AM »
If you read one of the BND comics, you would know it wouldn't take too much of Jim's time. He could write it in his sleep and still be better than the BND comics.
OMD sucks. Damn you Joe Quesada for doing this, may Mephisto take your wife.

Offline VengeanceGOD

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »
So to answer the question posed to Jim, because I asked him how he felt about it at a signing:

"What? They did? That sucks." :)

Offline LordDresden

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »
If you read one of the BND comics, you would know it wouldn't take too much of Jim's time. He could write it in his sleep and still be better than the BND comics.
OMD sucks. Damn you Joe Quesada for doing this,

What?!  You're saying you want Spidey to get old and die?!!!   ::)

(That was reportedly Quesada's reaction to the idea that Spidey was better off married.)

The entire Marvel Universe has collapsed on itself in terms of its continuity and writing levels, it's only a ghost of its former glory and it's being sustained, I suspect, in large part by Hollywood movies that are better than the comics themselves.

Something went really, really wrong at Marvel back in the 90s and they've never really recovered.

Offline dornwolf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 08:37:44 PM »
What?!  You're saying you want Spidey to get old and die?!!!   ::)

(That was reportedly Quesada's reaction to the idea that Spidey was better off married.)

The entire Marvel Universe has collapsed on itself in terms of its continuity and writing levels, it's only a ghost of its former glory and it's being sustained, I suspect, in large part by Hollywood movies that are better than the comics themselves.

Something went really, really wrong at Marvel back in the 90s and they've never really recovered.

Hey come on now you're skipping rigt over JMS stuff.  Not counting OMD which I actually wanted his name off of he really only had two crappy arcs the whole run which makes it worse that he had to end it with that crap, I would say recovered decently into the 0's and then procceded to blow that out of the water with everything from Civil War down.
PSN ID = karasthecrow