Author Topic: The PM Limit  (Read 12996 times)

Wolfhowls

The PM Limit
« on: January 20, 2008, 02:26:11 AM »
Ok, I am sure I'm the only person to find this out. But there is a limit of 20 PM's per hour. Now this may not effect anyone here but me. You see, I do Drive-By PM's it brings happiness to this here land. And I wish to continue to do so, but this limit , it sadness me because I need more PM's. There should be no limit of happy drive-by PM's, so I beg...no plea with the great mods of this board to raise the limit or get rid of it completely. My great work of Drive-by PM's must continue without limits. Thank You.

Offline Helen™

• Seriously?
  • Putting on the BOOTS!
    • View Profile
Re: The PM Limit
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 04:09:31 AM »
Bummer, dude.

Offline DragonFire

• Posty McPostington
  • Knuckleduster of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 05:46:45 AM »
Ok, I am sure I'm the only person to find this out. But there is a limit of 20 PM's per hour. Now this may not effect anyone here but me. You see, I do Drive-By PM's it brings happiness to this here land. And I wish to continue to do so, but this limit , it sadness me because I need more PM's. There should be no limit of happy drive-by PM's, so I beg...no plea with the great mods of this board to raise the limit or get rid of it completely. My great work of Drive-by PM's must continue without limits. Thank You.
This is actually really annoying and I'd appreciate it if you'd exclude me from your next round.
Rest assured, you will get a PM from me saying this as well.
God is dead - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead -God

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 14

Wolfhowls

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 07:55:32 AM »
Yes, I got that PM. None will come your way again.

Offline MonaLS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »
I think the PM limit is fine. I don't see the purpose of the "drive-by" PMs, I just delete them unread.
“There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast” Anonymous

Wolfhowls

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 08:13:33 AM »
Crap what does a person do when a bad joke gone worse. He stops.

Offline DragonFire

• Posty McPostington
  • Knuckleduster of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 12:35:05 PM »
Yes, I got that PM. None will come your way again.
YEah sorry, I was in a bad mood this morning. I WOULD prefer if you didn't spam my PM box, but I may have been overly harsh in the PM.
No harm, no foul.
Sorry again.
God is dead - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead -God

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Helen™

• Seriously?
  • Putting on the BOOTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 03:19:42 PM »
If you go in to edit your profile, there's a link for Personal Messge options.  If you click on that you'll see that you have an Ignorelist.  All you have to do is put the names of people you'd rather not get PMs from and you won't.  I've never used it, but I assume it works.

lash

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »
You see, I do Drive-By PM's it brings happiness to this here land. There should be no limit of happy drive-by PM's.
I like them - send me one anytime!  ;D

Offline Helen™

• Seriously?
  • Putting on the BOOTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 04:12:22 PM »
They don't bother me either, but if folk don't like them, they can either ignore or block them.  Simple.

Offline CarolM

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob, Forever with us
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
I don't mind them either Wolfhowls, though you seem to have dropped me from your list. The first few puzzled me, but I'm over that now. ;D At least you can't actually drop in on me, but PMs are OK. ;D  ;)
Carol

Bob: in our hearts forever.

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
Love the Wolfhowls, love his PMs.  You can bring me happiness all you want!
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Fade

• Posty McPostington
  • TrottelTruppe #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 09:22:35 PM »
Crap what does a person do when a bad joke gone worse. He stops.
these sound fun moo i say to those who don't want happy pm time with wolfy!
Zerstören
Ich will ein guter Junge sein
Doch das Verlangen holt mich ein
Ich muss zerstören

Angst Ist Tod
Platypuses are sexy.

Offline DragonFire

• Posty McPostington
  • Knuckleduster of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 09:53:01 PM »
If you go in to edit your profile, there's a link for Personal Messge options.  If you click on that you'll see that you have an Ignorelist.  All you have to do is put the names of people you'd rather not get PMs from and you won't.  I've never used it, but I assume it works.
I shouldn't have to put someone on my ignore list not to get what is essentially spam.
What if I want to PM wolfhowls sometime in the future?
I have no problems with PM's from him/her, I just don't want spam.
There is starting to be a definate feeling on this board that if some members want to do silly things, and you ask them to stop, you are the bad guy. Sometimes, silliness isn't appropriate or annoys people. There are enough threads for silliness, eg weird, that I see no need to disrupt ordinary threads with it, or to PM people for no particular reason.
It's annoying and if someone politely asks you stop, then that should be the end of it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 09:55:10 PM by Lightsabre »
God is dead - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead -God

Offline Helen™

• Seriously?
  • Putting on the BOOTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »
There is starting to be a definate feeling on this board that if some members want to do silly things, and you ask them to stop, you are the bad guy. Sometimes, silliness isn't appropriate or annoys people. There are enough threads for silliness, eg weird, that I see no need to disrupt ordinary threads with it, or to PM people for no particular reason.
It's annoying and if someone politely asks you stop, then that should be the end of it.

Nope.  I'm merely trying to be helpful, that's all.