Author Topic: Announcing "Backup"!  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Announcing "Backup"!
« on: January 13, 2008, 05:22:15 PM »
We have a wealth of new info about Backup, the hardcover chapbook being published by Subterranean Press. 

Backup is a novelette written by Jim Butcher and illustrated by comics legend Mike Mignola, best known for creating Hellboy.  Its length is tentatively set at 80 pages, and it will be published this Halloween in two editions, described below.

Let's get something clear right up front.

I'm not Harry Dresden.

Harry's a wizard. A genuine, honest-to-goodness wizard. He's Gandalf on crack and an IV of Red Bull, with a big leather coat and a .44 revolver in his pocket. He'll spit in the eye of gods and demons alike if he thinks it needs to be done, and to hell with the consequences--and yet somehow my little brother manages to remain a decent human being.

I'll be damned if I know how.

But then, I'll be damned regardless.

My name is Thomas Raith, and I'm a monster.

So begins "Backup" a twelve thousand word novelette set in Jim Butcher's ultra-popular Dresden Files series. This time Harry's in trouble he knows nothing about, and it's up to his big brother Thomas to track him down and solve those little life-threatening difficulties without his little brother even noticing.

Backup will be available via Subterranean Press in two unique editions:

Limited: 500 signed numbered copies, bound in leather ($45)
Trade: full cloth bound hardcover copies ($20)

Go here to place your pre-order!
Discuss this news on the forum here!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 12:54:20 AM by Priscellie »

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Announcing "Backup"!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
If you're planning to order the $45 Limited Edition of Backup, do so NOW!  Fewer than 24 hours after the limited edition was announced, it is well over half sold out.  Subterranean Press has also decided that the limited edition dust jacket of Backup will feature a completely different design than the trade edition, making it all the more collectible.  Place your order here

Additionally, due to customer request, SP has decided to add a Signed Lettered Edition of Backup, which will be handbound and housed in a custom traycase. There will only be 26 copies of this edition, priced at $250. If you're interested, send an email to subpress@gmail.com.

Discuss this on the forums here.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Announcing "Backup"!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:24:06 PM »
The Limited Edition is now SOLD OUT!  However, you can still preorder the Trade or Lettered editions here.