Author Topic: One More day - your opinion? Potential Spidey Spoiler  (Read 10084 times)

Offline lycaeon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
One More day - your opinion? Potential Spidey Spoiler
« on: January 04, 2008, 07:35:09 PM »
Spoiler for those of you who haven't read OMD. 

For those of you still reading the comic, Marvel just re-wrote Marvel history by ret-conning everything so Peter Parker and Mary Jane never married.  Harry Osborn is alive again.  The world doesn't know his secret identity.  Etc. Etc.  All because Mary Jane made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May.

So they've thrown 10+ years of continuity out the window, so Peter won't seem so old and married.  Pissed me off big time.

Between this and the death of Captain America, Marvel has done what my ex-wife could not.  They got me out of Marvel comics.

Looking forward to Dresden.  Loving that Buffy, Buckaroo Banzai and now Dresden are going to be keeping me slightly in the medium.

Make Mine Dark Horse!

Offline MonaLS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: One More day - your opinion? Potential Spidey Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 02:55:54 AM »
Goodness, I HATE it when comics do that.
“There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast” Anonymous

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:41:20 AM »
Spoiler for those of you who haven't read OMD. 

For those of you still reading the comic, Marvel just re-wrote Marvel history by ret-conning everything so Peter Parker and Mary Jane never married.  Harry Osborn is alive again.  The world doesn't know his secret identity.  Etc. Etc.  All because Mary Jane made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May.

So they've thrown 10+ years of continuity out the window, so Peter won't seem so old and married.  Pissed me off big time.

Between this and the death of Captain America, Marvel has done what my ex-wife could not.  They got me out of Marvel comics.

Looking forward to Dresden.  Loving that Buffy, Buckaroo Banzai and now Dresden are going to be keeping me slightly in the medium.

Make Mine Dark Horse!

I'm not into comics that much but you might also be interested to know that Firefly(Whedon) will have some more comic issues.  I think the first issue of the next one (Golden Days, or Better Days, something like that) will be out in around March or April.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Gunslinger

• Participant
  • Cute Fuzzy Bunny Kittens of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:35:06 AM »
It's the sorriest excuse for a retcon ever. And we're talking Marvel here.

Offline hamiltond

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:40:57 AM »
What a cop out.  Man, I hate retcons.  The whole "back to square one" crap is why I prefer the Ultimate series. 
Whaddya got for a fiery beam o death?!!
You got nuthin for a fiery beam o death!!!

"Mo Magic, Mo Problems"

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »
My response to OMD at the time was "I wish I still read Spider-Man comics so I could stop reading them in disgust."

A few months later, I am still disgusted with this. I still love the character, but there is no way I am buying any marvel books after this.
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.