Author Topic: How About the Archives?  (Read 13461 times)

Offline Guardian 452

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
How About the Archives?
« on: May 26, 2006, 10:36:34 PM »
Ok, while this isn't "exactly" about these forums, it's definitely related...

The McAnally's mailing list link has been replaced by the list for these forums, but will we still be able to access the archives of the mailing list?  Truth be told, I've deleted a lot of stuff simply figuring that if I ever wanted access to it I could just go to the archives!

If they've been wiped (or made otherwise unavailable) it won't be the end of the world, as I'm sure there are members out there who have archived everything.  Still, I would like to know if we'll still be able to get to them!

Keith

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: How About the Archives?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:36:19 PM »
Ok, while this isn't "exactly" about these forums, it's definitely related...

The McAnally's mailing list link has been replaced by the list for these forums, but will we still be able to access the archives of the mailing list?  Truth be told, I've deleted a lot of stuff simply figuring that if I ever wanted access to it I could just go to the archives!

If they've been wiped (or made otherwise unavailable) it won't be the end of the world, as I'm sure there are members out there who have archived everything.  Still, I would like to know if we'll still be able to get to them!
They're not wiped -- the list isn't even decommissioned yet.  I just unlinked it:

http://www.jim-butcher.com/mailman/listinfo/mcanallys

(typed that link from memory, apologies if it's wrong)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Guardian 452

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: How About the Archives?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 01:26:46 PM »
Many thanks...the link works just fine!

Keith