Author Topic: Skin Game  (Read 415 times)

Offline EBRIEN

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Skin Game
« on: January 16, 2024, 02:59:56 AM »
Just saying it outloud:

When Butters meets Nic in front of Michael's house and the Sword of Faith becomes a lightsaber---Just WOW! The whole scene and really, the whole evolution of Butters is a wonderful part of the Dresden Files. Remember when Thomas described him as a coward? As much as we have a cast of supporting characters in DF, Butters has really grown more than any other character, I think--except maybe Toot.

Anyway--Cheers---Just needed to say it outloud!

Good times!

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Skin Game
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 05:55:51 AM »
Great post EBRIEN! Love the positivity - and I agree, Butters has really developed from a bit of a goofy comic relief character into an intriguing and courageous character, who is prepared to call Harry out even when Harry has trouble seeing what is right and wrong.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Skin Game
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 02:50:51 PM »
Great post EBRIEN! Love the positivity - and I agree, Butters has really developed from a bit of a goofy comic relief character into an intriguing and courageous character, who is prepared to call Harry out even when Harry has trouble seeing what is right and wrong.

Yes, Butters has always been one of my favorite characters.  Actually one who has been shown to lack perception, is Thomas, in his judgement of people, or maybe vanilla humans.  Butters never was a coward as I think Harry recognized from the time he met him.  Butters stood up for truth and was willing to pay the price for it from the beginning when he wouldn't lie about his autopsy findings.  There are more ways to show courage than just the physical, that's why he eventually was chosen as a Holy Knight and fits in well with the likes of Michael, Sanya, and Shiro.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 10:03:29 PM by Mira »