Author Topic: Chekhov's Arthurian Athame  (Read 1845 times)

Offline MoroccoMole

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Chekhov's Arthurian Athame
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2023, 06:13:17 PM »

... despite all of that, I say:  we have remarkably little sense of how the larger Arthuriana corpus (and which version(s) of it) map into (and/or otherwise influence/inform) the Dresdenverse.

Or have I overlooked a bunch of stuff?

Re: The larger sense of source material, I think Le Morte D'Arthur by Thomas Mallory may be a good candidate for sourcing and influencing Jim's interpretation.  I also think that it would be interesting if Elaine Mallory had some relation to the Arthurian legends.  I haven't read Le Morte in years, but may pick it up over the holiday to see if anything jumps out.

I like a man who grins when he fights.

~Winston Churchill On Enthusiasm~

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2023, 09:23:58 PM »
Re: The larger sense of source material, I think Le Morte D'Arthur by Thomas Mallory may be a good candidate for sourcing and influencing Jim's interpretation.  I also think that it would be interesting if Elaine Mallory had some relation to the Arthurian legends.  I haven't read Le Morte in years, but may pick it up over the holiday to see if anything jumps out.
Mort and Mallory both stick out to me there. mmm, wonder if we'll meet a Darthur lol?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2023, 03:57:08 AM »
...  I also think that it would be interesting if Elaine Mallory had some relation to the Arthurian legends.  I haven't read Le Morte in years, but may pick it up over the holiday to see if anything jumps out.
There's maybe an Elaine or two in the Arthur/Merlin corpus... or three, or a dozen...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine_(legend)