Author Topic: Is the "official" timeline still being maintained (updated, modified, etc)?  (Read 889 times)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
And if so, is there any better way to contact the maintainers than the feedback address @Jim-Butcher?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
And if so, is there any better way to contact the maintainers than the feedback address @Jim-Butcher?

I hope so because the timeline is becoming more important as the series goes on.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I hope so because the timeline is becoming more important as the series goes on.

I think it has always been important; its need is just getting more visible (and we OCDish fans more demanding) as the series goes on!   ;D

Offline cander891

• Participant
    • View Profile
Where does one find this "official" timeline?

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Where does one find this "official" timeline?

https://www.jim-butcher.com/timeline
It's the one created by the fan-community (at least mostly; I don't know if Jim has edited/altered it).
But it's extensively cross-checked by the ardent (and often OCD-ish) fans.

And it's now published on jim-butcher.com, which makes it about as "official" as it's possible to get.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Having looked through the timeline, I see it is getting new updates.

I presume it's a smaller "maintenance-team" than the folks that first put the timeline together... MUCH less OCDish (i.e. less complete) for example, it mentions the short Christmas Eve, but not the linked short Good People; it mentions the short Monsters, but not that it's a GG-POV story (mostly, the non-Harry POV's are mentioned).

FWIW, about a week ago I sent a suggestion for the Timeline to the "feedback" address (from the Contacts tab):  700AD/730AD/738AD are some HPL-canonical dates for Abdul Alhazred, whom Jim has adopted (along with HPL himself) into the Dresdenverse (Rashid having taken out the Mad Arab); accordingly, it looks like those dates should be on the DF timeline.  Maybe, for that matter, HPL himself (as a part of the Dresdenverse).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 05:38:10 AM by g33k »