Author Topic: Florida Supercon?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Florida Supercon?
« on: July 08, 2023, 03:49:57 PM »
Anyone who went? or filmed it? Any new WOJs?

Reddit update had this:
"I don't know if it's new, but while talking about the Fae, he did tell us that there were 2 remaining Titans. One was Ethniu, the other was Hecate, who split herself or her powers into parts which became the Mantles of the Faerie Courts(Queens and Knights) Also, Jim was stumped when asked what would happen if Harry brought a Denarian coin to Demonreach and asked him to imprison it. Said he'd have to give it serious thought and maybe we'd find out when the Denarians came around again(Book 20) Also, no further details, but direct quote "Karrin Murphy's story isn't over yet."

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Supercon?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 05:05:00 PM »
I have been looking on YouTube daily, nothing has been posted there.

However inevitably 50% of the Q & A session will be taken up with someone asking “how did you come up with the idea for the Dresden Files?” Yet again. Gaaaahhhhh!!! Every F@€king time.

Someone has posted a clip of the panel with James Marsters. https://youtu.be/9LBYnkL1Fgs

The poster is a huge James Marsters Fan and it’s a just over 4 minutes long, so no new WOJ, unless you consider that Buffy really took off in season 2 with the introduction of Spike and Drusilla’s story line.

I wonder how much was cut out which was solid gold WOJ.

Second clip https://youtu.be/TLgp89G54gs

Nothing new

« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 06:26:58 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 05:21:25 PM »
Well  as for Murphy,  it's easy to say that she'll probably have a big part in Mirror Mirror.   You can imagine our Harry's reaction to seeing her.  And she'll have a completely different set of experiences with Harry,  going all the way back to GP when the split took place, she could loathe him in her universe...

Offline cander891

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 01:15:41 AM »
My current running theory is the despair Harry is feeling (noted during Instinct) is that this despair leads to events of Mirror Mirror (after resolving the marriage issue). The climax of Mirror then directly leads to the events of Murphy returns through some act of the White God for what I believe will be the final exclusively Denarian book.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 01:18:22 AM by cander891 »

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 08:00:58 AM »
The Hecate WOJ is not improbable, but Hecate has given over a significant proportion of her power to the Mantles. She could still exist as an individual but not at her original power level

If we take the Ladies as the lowest power to retain immortality and Queens as the highest permitted to reside in the mortal realm then that leaves a significant range of power for Hecate to retain her immortality reside in the mortal world and still pour significant power into the Mantles given Ethnui’s power level. We must remember she is not the only source of power for the Mantles - we can presume the Fates added their power as well, and I suspect that’s where Odin’s former power went as well, along with every other god who wanted to stay in the Mortal realm.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 06:17:06 PM »
I have a head cannon Odin was the former Gatekeeper before The White Council maybe even Rashid himself took up the mantle.

My WAG is that the Outer Gates were the Einherjars original purpose as well. A steady supply of half of every dead warriors in battle gives you a steady supply of Millions over the Millenia.

Offline cander891

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023, 06:31:37 PM »
Actually. This is a fantastic thought. Kuddos as now my head is spinning

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023, 07:18:05 PM »
I have a head cannon Odin was the former Gatekeeper before The White Council maybe even Rashid himself took up the mantle.

My WAG is that the Outer Gates were the Einherjars original purpose as well. A steady supply of half of every dead warriors in battle gives you a steady supply of Millions over the Millenia.

Greek gods before the Fae, it would have been Janus.

The Einenjharen are for the final battle when Odin dies which means it’s going to be on Harry’s birthday.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 09:40:31 PM »
Will Harry get summoned by Evil Harry right as he is about to say "I do."
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2023, 07:54:38 AM »
Will Harry get summoned by Evil Harry right as he is about to say "I do."

Is this posted to the wrong thread??? This is a thread devoted to WOJ from the Florida Supercon, and speculation from it. Is this a WOJ or question asked at Supercon.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2023, 09:56:42 AM »
Sorry it was posted to wrong thread. It was my thought and no way in relation to the supercon.

However, it was in reply to "My current running theory is the despair Harry is feeling (noted during Instinct) is that this despair leads to events of Mirror Mirror (after resolving the marriage issue). The climax of Mirror then directly leads to the events of Murphy returns through some act of the White God for what I believe will be the final exclusively Denarian book." from a previous post.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2023, 05:24:37 PM »
Apology accepted, unfortunately little  of any consequence has arisen from the Supercon panels.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2023, 09:52:36 AM »
Greek gods before the Fae, it would have been Janus.

The Einenjharen are for the final battle when Odin dies which means it’s going to be on Harry’s birthday.

Was it Greek gods or was it Pantheons in general?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2023, 11:56:39 AM »
Greco- Roman, that lot used nearly as many fake ID’s as Odin, which explains why he runs a security company in this day and age, just to ensure his are up to date and watertight.

You also get the Etruscan gods heavily modelled on some of the Greco-Roman deities, so that is three pantheons in one go so we are both right.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 11:59:24 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »