Author Topic: Harry's summoning circle  (Read 786 times)

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Harry's summoning circle
« on: May 29, 2023, 04:01:52 AM »
I'm not sure if I would call these significant discrepancies or not but...

Changes
I’d upgraded my summoning circle, which was set in the concrete floor at the far end of the little room, a five-foot hoop of braided copper, silver, and iron that had set me back three grand when I ordered it from a svartalf silversmith.

Peace Talks
  My old copper summoning circle had survived, somehow, at the far end of the room. Maybe the floor of my old living room had collapsed over it, shielding it from the worst of the flames.

And in The Law; part 6 (chapter 8 of the audio book) Harry says he hasn't rebuilt his summoning circle yet.
So which iteration will we see in Twelve Months?

Should the Betas have caught this?

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's summoning circle
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 12:39:53 PM »
Not necessarily, the later one sounds larger than the original so he may not have removed the original, and replaced it but the later one got hopelessly damaged in the fire, or removed by Marcone when converting it into a cell - iron would be dangerous to those of the Fae persuasion and provide a potential weapon to an inmate.

Two mysteries cancelling each other out Little Chicago was made of Pewter, it has  a much lower melting point than Copper silver and iron. The heat in the lab was high enough to melt Little Chicago and ran all over the new circle, hopelessly fouling it leading to its removal.

Take your pick.

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 03:11:48 PM »
I choose neither.

"Upgraded" leads me to believe that the original circle had been replaced,  he didn't say one was added.
As for being destroyed by the fire or a melting Little Chicago,  a circle was clearly there while Marcone had possession of it after the fire.
The logical conclusion would be that Marcone had it removed when he cleaned his stuff out.  Harry had described his upgraded circle as being pretty high end, maybe Johnny wanted it for his own.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 05:02:11 PM »
You'd have to go back to when he actually replaced it. Pretty sure that's clearer than "upgraded". This isn't the only time it flip flops between the new one and old. 🤔 Think it was Gryff who did I thread on it quite a few years ago now. Can't remember, why'd he replace it in the first place?
Anyway, consider this one of those Mandela effects like Mortys hair and home switching around. Would need to consider what changes would happen in story based on whether the change does or does not happen. Morty for instance may not have had Sir Stuart with him and had his powers reawaken in the timeline he moves homes. Effecting the plot of GS. Harry can't find Stuart or pull the lectors Specters into a cohesive unit perhaps. Things like that. Don't remember anything offhand he uses his circle on tho, so maybe that's something that hasn't paid off yet and is here? Perhaps it's just a way to differentiate timelines 🤷‍♂️
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 05:08:15 PM by The_Sibelis »