Author Topic: Prophets den?  (Read 3710 times)

wizard nelson

Prophets den?
« on: July 07, 2013, 08:07:43 AM »
Ok weird question. We here Like myself who come specifically to swap theories about whats going on or shall happen love our Wag. Some of which has to be right, because of course there is only so many people or things to point your finger at in most given situations that statistically you will. Now I'd like to think we here dedicated contributors exercise restraint with knowledge and any insightful gleamed. Umm point being since the spoilers section is viewable to guests could the parts of the reference section be made not so? It is for the comprehensive in depth stuff. If someone wants to read it that bad the can create an account easily enough and lurk. Unless ya know, they have a bad IP, but then who cares? ???

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets den?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 01:23:05 PM »
Why would you want this specially off-limits to guests?
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

wizard nelson

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:43:55 AM »
Short answer, Cause wizards are jealous with their knowledge? Lol Ok. Basically I feel that the great thinkers who have contributed to the answering of who, what, when, why of the DF together have come to greater understanding and knowledge then capable more then any one person or isolated group. A think-tank of the diehards. Few if any Forum members that I'm aware of aren't real big on trolling or spoiling crap. Of course the great mods here help ;) But Comparitive to other forums this one really shines in quality book discussion. Mostly I've encountered elsewhere attitudes of "Hey this means this! This happens next! Wanna know anything else just ask I know it all baby yeah!" Ok, maybe not that last bit. (Also simple WoM spoiling) It feels like our hard work and dedication can be picked up by any fool out there and abused Trollike. That just seem lame to me. Certainly it has effected me enough to say something and I've been more reserved on any outright 'Prophesizing' about what I think will happen.>

wizard nelson

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:45:38 AM »
<Instead trying to focus on technical stuff, whats behind the curtain (or in Harrys bag) and set up thought provoking ideas over Waggery. Not really good at the whole nostrodamus thing though. So it was just a thought really, for slightly more seclusion for us to WAG about without worry of our knowledge being misabused as troll power.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 11:13:09 PM »
I have never in my years around here seen a single instance of anyone being accused of troll like behavior or spoiling anything with a WAG.  Mainly because most times we qualify the statements as WAGs right at the start.  I think you're worrying about nothing really. ;)  If you really are worried about someone's potential reaction just do what I do and start a thread with WAG right in the title.

wizard nelson

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 04:34:38 AM »
after considerations, i've decided this would better work in the advice column as a request for some PMing with some greater minds to discuss end game mechanics. perhaps a linked discussion?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 07:33:30 AM »
Any of the old guard left really? 😔

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 12:13:06 AM »
Yes.
But I do not think the Advice column has been very useful, generally speaking.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)