Author Topic: Is there an "Ignore" feature?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Is there an "Ignore" feature?
« on: May 16, 2023, 11:54:11 PM »
Either based on key-words (e.g. maybe I don't want to see anything with "Twelve Months" starting  the day before it's released, until I finish the book and go re-enable) or upon user-name (e.g. I keep getting lured into flame-wars every time I start replying to Posty McPostington), or any other criteria?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an "Ignore" feature?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 05:03:22 PM »
Iirc, you can indeed mute specific people at least. You'd have to manually open their post/reply in the thread to see if.(may have been removed? Looking for it rn..)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 05:04:57 PM by The_Sibelis »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 10:53:05 PM »
I do not know if that option is available.
According to the rules of the forum, posts commenting something about a book after it is released should be spoiler-tagged for around a year. But it is true that perhaps not everybody will obey said rules. Traditionally I stay completely away of the forums until I finish reading the books, but if you are not planning to read it soon after the release, I would recommend at least stay away of the DF Spoilers section. I hate to be spoiled. In my long life in the forum my main problem with moderator was about my anger about being spoiled (an admittedly minor thing).

Unless I am very confused, Posty McPostington is a category in the forum, not an user.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 10:55:44 PM »
FWIW:

Still don't know how to content-ignore (e.g. vs spoilerific material, or something flame-bait-ish but also catnip-for-me, that keeps burning me).

But user-ignore's are a thing:

In your own "user profile" the sidebar of options on the left (on a fullscreen, dunno for phone users) there's a "buddy/ignore" list.

By default, you see the "buddy" list.  Click to change to Ignore list.
Add usernames you want to ignore.

You will still see that they posted -- they aren't "invisible" to you -- but not what they posted, though each message has an option to show that message.  Conceptually, it's rather akin to a spoiler-block:  you have to take positive action to be "spoilered."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 10:57:31 PM by g33k »