Author Topic: Question  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2023, 07:57:19 PM »
I never thought Marcone was responsible of the Boom attack. First, I see him accepting Harry played him well. He is not a sore loser. Second he respects Harry. And third, he would not want to anger Mab. Fourth and more important, I believe there are families living in the castle. Thus, children.
That is something I thought too. I have a feeling Namshiel one day will make the mistake of trying to force Marcone to hurt a child for whatever reason. And Marcone will reject him, as Harry did with Lashiel.

Anyways, I have an idea about Persephone. I think with  the help of Butters, or Michael or something they will discover that the child soul has gone to Heaven when the attack happened, so the child is dead and in peace now. The body, now a woman is an empty shell. Something that could be possessed. For Marcone enemies, for example. But perhaps also for Bonea.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2023, 08:16:35 PM »
Harry wouldn’t accept that, neither would Marcone. It’s horrible.

Both Bob and Bonea should be able to make an ectoplasm body wrapped around their Sanctums. They would of course have to renew them at dawn, or when cut off by a circle, but they would be safe within the Sanctum when dawn came. Bonea has Lash’s memories, the Denarians are shapeshifters and we know from Skin Game that Goodman increased his mass with ectoplasm, so my money is on Bonea doing it first, and Bob copying when he hears about each taking on the forms we have seen in Harry’s mindscape, Bonea an child amalgam of every women Harry ever loved and Bob as Butters nerdy younger brother.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2023, 08:34:29 PM »
Of course they would not accept that, that is why it would be something Marcone's enemies would do, or Bonea in case of emergence, for some reason. I do not like your idea about Bonea either. She is Harry's daughter.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2023, 08:39:44 PM »
We have seen the child representation of Bonea, that to her is her default image, making her about the right age to be a playmate for Maggie as her younger sister.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2023, 12:00:48 AM »
Aside from some of the other questions people have asked, I have a few of my own.

1.  Who killed Malcolm Dresden?  There should be some major fallout when Harry finds out the truth about his father's death.

2.  Who fixed Little Chicago and how did they get past Bob?  Is it the same person who rear ended Harry's car?

3.  What's Rudolph's story and who; besides the Eebs back in Changes, has been using him?

4.  Aside from the Starborn thing, does Harry have any other powers that he doesn't know about or suspect?  I'm thinking about the numerous times Harry has thought of something and someone else says the exact same thing to him, though sometimes in a slightly different context.  "Those are fun time handcuffs" and "It takes more than collecting bottlecaps to become the Merlin of the white Council."  And those are just two examples, there are several more.  Aside from Jim being clever, I wonder if there is a greater significance to these thoughts being repeated; perhaps some kind of mental influence Harry doesn't even know he's doing.  Of course, this might also be tied up with Harry being Starborn.

5.  When will Harry learn about Winter Law and what will he learn from it that he doesn't know about or suspect?  I think that only by learning more of Winter Law will Harry learn how to get out of being the Winter Knight without dying to do so and whether or not Molly can become fully mortal again.

6.  Talking about the Winter Lady, is Mab setting up Lara to be Molly's replacement?  Mab; much like Lara herself, likes to kill as many birds with one stone as possible.  I can't believe she is making the White Court an official ally of Winter just because Lara has proven her competence.  Mab is always working multiple angles for multiple possible positive outcomes.  She must be doing so here, though to what end I'm not certain.

7. What is Nicodemus going to do with the Grail and why does he think that one day he might be seen as a Saint?

I also have some minor questions that aren't considered major mysteries like:

How large will Toot toot get and what will it mean for him and Harry?

When will we see Harry use necromancy against the Black Court?  Jim has said that there is a specific spell in Kemler's book which states; in Jim's words, "How to make a Black Court vampire your bitch."

Will we see Susan; perhaps as a member of the Red Court, and Murphy; perhaps still head of S.I., in Mirror Mirror?

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2023, 08:05:07 AM »
1. Cowl
2. first part it fixed itself, Harry accidentally created an embryonic genius loci,Second part Cowl meeting Peabody got alarmed seeing Harry
3.cowl/Nameless
4. He has plot armour and the power of the narrator
5.he already knows Winter Law see The Law. It’s the implications he hasn’t worked through such as the benefits of Vassallage.
6.Mab is always forward planning so yes, not replacement but backup, and she has a second backup being set up as well somewhere…..
7. He didn’t want the Grail, he wanted the Spear, he genuinely thinks in Skin Game he is the good guy because he is intent on taking on a bigger bad “The Adversary”

WOJ indicates that what is happening to Toot is one of the routes where the Sidhe come from (changelings are another, so Toot and Lacuna will end up nearly Harry’s size. Hopefully this will happen just before Murphy returns from the dead.

Likely when he goes for revenge on the Black Court - I would like to see this as his stag do, drawing in Eb and Carlos, River Shoulders, Will Borden, Butters, Sanya and Michael.

It’s depends, I think it was Harry’s decision to try to save both which resulted in the Mirror World, where he decided to save one. Either Michael or Susan are dead in the Mirror World. Murphy is another call I think.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2023, 11:00:40 AM »
I like your questions, Kurtin.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 11:02:35 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2023, 08:22:18 PM »
1.  Who killed Malcolm Dresden?  There should be some major fallout when Harry finds out the truth about his father's death.
2.  Who fixed Little Chicago and how did they get past Bob?  Is it the same person who rear ended Harry's car?
3.  What's Rudolph's story and who; besides the Eebs back in Changes, has been using him?
4.  Aside from the Starborn thing, does Harry have any other powers that he doesn't know about or suspect?  I'm thinking about the numerous times Harry has thought of something and someone else says the exact same thing to him, though sometimes in a slightly different context.  "Those are fun time handcuffs" and "It takes more than collecting bottlecaps to become the Merlin of the white Council."  And those are just two examples, there are several more.  Aside from Jim being clever, I wonder if there is a greater significance to these thoughts being repeated; perhaps some kind of mental influence Harry doesn't even know he's doing.  Of course, this might also be tied up with Harry being Starborn.
5.  When will Harry learn about Winter Law and what will he learn from it that he doesn't know about or suspect?  I think that only by learning more of Winter Law will Harry learn how to get out of being the Winter Knight without dying to do so and whether or not Molly can become fully mortal again.
6.  Talking about the Winter Lady, is Mab setting up Lara to be Molly's replacement?  Mab; much like Lara herself, likes to kill as many birds with one stone as possible.  I can't believe she is making the White Court an official ally of Winter just because Lara has proven her competence.  Mab is always working multiple angles for multiple possible positive outcomes.  She must be doing so here, though to what end I'm not certain.
7. What is Nicodemus going to do with the Grail and why does he think that one day he might be seen as a Saint? 

#1 -- My bet is on Lea.  IIRC we have WoJ that Lea did something that will make Harry made enough to want to kill her; offhand, the only thing I think would move Harry to a murderous impulse, is if Lea killed someone close to him.

#2 -- two theories here:
 2a - future!Harry fixed LC.  Harry knows how to bypass Harry's wards, and Harry is the legit owner of Bob's Skull, so Harry can give Bob orders to forget this minor temporal irregularity, and not report it to Harry.
 2b - Mab fixed LC (this one is more complex).  Mab needs to act as Lea's stand-in as Faerie Godmother, if she takes Lea out of commission.  Lea is busy as a sidhecicle, so Mab is on the spot; and Harry is at risk.  Luckily, Mab *also* has this nifty back-door into Harry's sub-basement, in the form of Lea's murdergarden.  What about Bob?  2 possibilities:  #1, Mab simply terrorizes Bob, "if you don't want to be un-made here and now, you will swear an oath upon your very essence, to never reveal or even hint that this visit happened."  But my more-favored theory is that:  #2 Bob was created by Mab herself, in large part to be a deep-cover agent amongst Mortal Wizards.
#3 -- I'm not at all sure Rudy has a "handler" among the supernaturals any longer.  His "cover was blown" already, so he's no longer really able to be a "secret" asset.  He's a fragile mortal, and frankly kind of stupid, so he's easily-eliminated, easily-deceived, etc.  He's an incredibly low-value as an "asset."
#4 -- WoJ says each of the WC's Laws of Magic is going to get a novel wherein "Harry Folds/Spindles/Mutilates This Law" a major plot-arc (whether he "Breaks" it is a nit picked depending on POV); we've already seen that Harry is an unusually-talented Necromancer (5th Law).  We suspect by inference that he's got special Neuromancy strength, too:  Capiorcorpus -- the mind-control expert among the Kemmlerites! -- was having trouble controlling Harry, who was utterly untrained (because DuMorne was keeping Harry&Elaine oblivious to that threat, and Eb was "keeping Kosher" vis-a-vis the WC's dislike of it); plus, Harry's neuromancy was keeping pace with Molly's (unlike his Veils & other illusion-magic, where she rapidly outpaced him) -- 3rd Law.  Obviously , Harry can very-easily kill with magic (1st Law); indeed he's so strong that not-killing is one of Jim's recurring challenges for Harry!  I suspect we'll see he's unusally good at breaking most or all of the other laws, too:
 - Transforming others (2nd Law)
 - Enthrallment (3rd Law)
 - Chronomancy (6th Law)
 - Outsider-summoning (7th Law) <of course he's good at this one, he's Starborn!>[\i]
#5 I expect the "infodump" of Winter Law will happen offscreen, likely between books.  I think Bob is likely a primary source, but I suspect that Molly is likely too, and possibly even Kringle (how much d'you suppose he'd charge to rent-out Santa's Archivist to consult for the Winter Knight)?  It may even have already happened (and Harry is feigning less awareness than he has, to keep others underestimating him).  I think he also needs to learn specific things about Mantles (in general) -- I suspect he's actually going to keep the WK Mantle; it's one of his key power-ups (like Soulfire) for the BAT.  What he needs is Kringle's trick of donning & doffing the Mantle as he wants.
#6 - I expect Mab is setting up Lara, yes; but for the mantle of Queen, not Lady.  It's unclear to me how Whamp appetites & needs would interplay with the Ladies' whole "virginal" schtick, but Lara's no virgin!!!  Queen, not Lady, is the obvious resolution to this.  Lara is already much more cold-bloodedly calculating and manipulative, which Mab undoubtedly finds superior in a WQ candidate (Lara may be in-line for Lady as a 2nd-choice option).  I expect Mab has also has other candidates en train; not EVERY plan of Mab's is happening on-screen, nor revolving around Harry and those he knows!
#7 -- God only knows.  Well... probably Uriel, too.  Odin likely knows.  And Anduriel, of course.  I bet it's a relatively-obvious goal if you've got Angelic-caliber info!

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2023, 09:20:38 PM »
Most likely Lea bargained for the first female issue of her line Maggie. So many stealing baby lines.