Author Topic: Seelie Accords Ministry Meeting  (Read 1136 times)

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Seelie Accords Ministry Meeting
« on: April 14, 2023, 03:36:32 PM »
Who do people think told Harry about the meeting and its location?

Offline Melriken

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Seelie Accords Ministry Meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 04:29:37 PM »
I got the implication that it wasn't a secret... The Nations of the unseelie accords voted to declare war and created the Ministry, that wasn't done in secret (I mean, they didn't include non-magic mortals, but within the magical community it wasn't done in secret).  The Ministry then met in closed session behind veils.  I don't believe this meeting itself was a secret any more than when the US Congress meets in closed session is a secret... everyone knows they are meeting they just can't watch or participate.  Even if the location was a secret my guess is that Harry can find Mab if he needs to through winter unless she specifically shields that connection.  No one seems surprised that Harry showed up (Gard for example just accepts that he is there and while she draws on him she also listens to him without freaking out that he knows about the meeting.)

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 10:59:29 PM »
I'd disagree.
No one invited me to the Ministry meeting, in a private club in one of the gorgeous old stone buildings in Oldtown, so I did it myself.
Harry had to use the modified TigerBalm and he still would haven't found it
If I hadn’t known exactly where I was going and exactly what I was looking for, I’d have wandered right past the place.

And not all of the affected nations were included.  The WC was not included because they effectively represent humanity and the committee considered them as foes.

I think it was a secret,  they were "shocked silence" when Harry entered the room, they obviously didn't expect him to be there.
But he doesn't say how he knew about it...

Offline Melriken

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 12:27:57 AM »
Quote from: Battle_Ground
Will and the Alphas came with me to the session of the first-ever Unseelie Accords Executive Ministry meeting.  War with the Fomor had been declared by unanimous consent within the Accorded nations, and the Ministry was supposed to determine what to do about it, starting with dealing with the aftermath of the Battle of the Bean.

"Unanimous consent within the Accorded nations" means that Mab said something to the tune of "I request Unanimous Consent to declare war on the Fomor on behalf of the Accorded Nations." and then gave everyone else a chance to say no, and if ANYONE had said no then it wouldn't happen.  It happened.  The White Council implicitly approved war with the Fomor and the creation of the Executive Ministry.

We know they were worried about the human response to the Fomor invasion and had likely left the White Council out of the first meeting because it would be more focused on the initial response and thus more worried about the human response.  But the White Council approved the war with the Fomor even if they are likely unhappy to have not been included in the first Executive meeting.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 09:06:17 AM »
That's not really how you have an executive committee meeting for a united war effort. The ministry meeting was more like an Anglo-American conference in WW2 before they met up with the Soviets later... they know they're not really allied, and if you were really going to have a single unified organisation you would included the WC.

Of course they all think the WC is moribund, but you don't go out and exclude them like that unless you're okay with snubbing them.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 03:42:09 PM »
It's possible that they invited the White Council (Though I doubt it.) but no one could attend on one day's notice.

Martha Liberty and Ramirez were attending the vote to expel Harry, Eb, Christos and Listens were in the hospital, Rashiid was at the Gates, Chandler is MIA, Kimiko, the cowboy and Morgan are all dead or worse and the Merlin and Luccio were at the Harry meeting.

Harry would have been the logical choice, but they were expelling him. We'd have needed a new character for there to be anyone capable of representing the White Council.