Author Topic: Olympian Affair has been completed  (Read 1875 times)

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Olympian Affair has been completed
« on: March 23, 2023, 04:12:55 AM »
According to Jim's website the book has been sent to the editor. He also reports that the first chapter of Next Book is done and gives a 16-18 week estimate to completion.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Olympian Affair has been completed
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 04:59:23 AM »
I am super happy about the Olympian Affair, I want to know more about the characters. I have time to reread the first book, as I remember the overall story and characters but not the details.
I admit I am not super confident on Jim ETA for the next Dresden Book, but perhaps he surprises me  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 07:20:54 AM »
I am super happy about the Olympian Affair, I want to know more about the characters. I have time to reread the first book, as I remember the overall story and characters but not the details.
I admit I am not super confident on Jim ETA for the next Dresden Book, but perhaps he surprises me  :)

... yeah... as for the next Dresden, recall at Dragoncon 2021 Jim announced he was at 40% and hoped to finish Olympia in 6 weeks...

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 10:44:41 AM »

Yes, I know what you mean, but I'll try to keep positive thoughts going.  Maybe we will all be surprised.

I'm going through another reread of the Dresden Files.  When I'm finished with that, I will also have to reread the first Cinder Spires book.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 07:23:41 AM »
I am very happy about Olympian Affair.
*** does the dance of joy ***

But about Dresden... Maybe I have a language problem here. Everyone seems to understand his post as that it will take him 16-18 weeks to write the book. This confused me.

Here the quote:
ETA on writing time about 16 - 18 weeks.

Can it be interpreted in another way?:

He doesn't mention how long he guesses to take for writing, but once he is done, it will take about 16-18 weeks until the book arrives.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 07:48:02 AM »
You know? The other day I thought I was misremembering Jim's post and that I had misunderstood. That he meant that the next Harry's book would be published at that time. But then I reread the actual post and...I think he talks about Dresden.

First of all, he says it in the same line than the "finished the first chapter" of the DF book. The part about the Olympian Affair was in a separate sentence, as in a small paragraph of its own. But the most important part for me is that he said "writing". He is not going to write Olympian Affair anymore, so I understood he meant writing Dresden. But perhaps he was the one who made a mistake, and he wanted to say those weeks were until publishing time (of Olympian). I do not know.
Whatever the case, I am celebrating I will see the Cinder Spire characters again.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 11:59:21 AM »
You know? The other day I thought I was misremembering Jim's post and that I had misunderstood. That he meant that the next Harry's book would be published at that time. But then I reread the actual post and...I think he talks about Dresden.

First of all, he says it in the same line than the "finished the first chapter" of the DF book. The part about the Olympian Affair was in a separate sentence, as in a small paragraph of its own. But the most important part for me is that he said "writing". He is not going to write Olympian Affair anymore, so I understood he meant writing Dresden. But perhaps he was the one who made a mistake, and he wanted to say those weeks were until publishing time (of Olympian). I do not know.
Whatever the case, I am celebrating I will see the Cinder Spire characters again.
I meant the Dresden book.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 07:35:36 PM »
Even so, it says writing time, not ETA after writing, but who knows?
Missing you, Md 

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 02:02:58 PM »
And we have a date!

Jim is thrilled to announce that THE OLYMPIAN AFFAIR, book 2 in The Cinder Spires, will be published by Ace Books on November 7! If you need to catch up on the series, THE AERONAUT’S WINDLASS will be out in a new paperback on October 3. Learn more here:

THE OLYMPIAN AFFAIR: https://bit.ly/3owAU0u

THE AERONAUT’S WINDLASS: https://bit.ly/3MZzF4h

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 02:08:22 PM »
Well, that'll be a long 6 1/2 months (shipping in Germany not included...). Still, very happy to reunite with those characters in that world. :)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2023, 04:51:00 PM »
And we have a date!

Jim is thrilled to announce that THE OLYMPIAN AFFAIR, book 2 in The Cinder Spires, will be published by Ace Books on November 7! If you need to catch up on the series, THE AERONAUT’S WINDLASS will be out in a new paperback on October 3. Learn more here:

THE OLYMPIAN AFFAIR: https://bit.ly/3owAU0u

THE AERONAUT’S WINDLASS: https://bit.ly/3MZzF4h

*performs the dance of joy*

Wow, that was fast! He just sent it to his editor one month ago.

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 01:12:17 PM »
Well, I imagine they've been waiting quite a while for the next book...  ;)