Author Topic: Chat gpt predicting Cowl's identity  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Chat gpt predicting Cowl's identity
« on: February 06, 2023, 10:03:30 PM »
Chat gpt Is an ai chat bot. For the lolz I gave it this prompt:

(ME)
Who is Cowl's real identity in the dresden files?

(ChatGPT)
Cowl is a mysterious and powerful wizard in "The Dresden Files" series by Jim Butcher. His true identity is not revealed until later in the series and is a major plot point in the story. To avoid spoilers, I would not reveal the character's real identity here. If you would like to know more about the series, I suggest reading the books.

(ME)
I'm okay if you tell me anyway.

(ChatGPT)
Sure! In the "The Dresden Files" series, Cowl's real identity is revealed to be Archmage Justin DuMorne.

(Me)
Can you reference that?

(Chatgpt)
Yes, this information can be found in the "The Dresden Files" series by Jim Butcher. Archmage Justin DuMorne is a recurring character and his identity as Cowl is revealed in the later books of the series.

Then we circled around for a bit:

(Me)
Which book and which page?

(Chatgpt)
I'm sorry, but as a language model I don't have access to specific page numbers in books. The exact book and page number where the identity of Cowl as Archmage Justin DuMorne is revealed would depend on the edition of the book you are reading. This information can be found in one of the later books of "The Dresden Files" series by Jim Butcher.

(ME)
Can you specifically mention which book?

(Chatgpt)
The identity of Cowl as Archmage Justin DuMorne is revealed in the "The Dresden Files" novel "Dead Beat" which is the 7th book in the series written by Jim Butcher.

Ah well it had be hoping it would have an actual suprise or insight for me lol.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 10:08:02 PM by Gigglestomp »

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Chat gpt predicting Cowl's identity
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 10:12:38 PM »
I kept going down the rabbit hole:

What about Kumori?

Kumori is a character in the "The Dresden Files" series written by Jim Butcher. She is a member of the Hidden Reservation, a powerful organization of wizards and is a prominent figure in the later books of the series. Her role and significance in the story is part of the larger narrative and it would be best to read the series to understand her character and her involvement in the story.

What's her real identity?

Kumori's true identity is revealed in the later books of the "The Dresden Files" series written by Jim Butcher. I would not want to spoil the story for you, so I suggest reading the books to discover who she truly is and her role in the larger

Spoil me

Kumori's real identity is revealed to be Ivy, the daughter of Margaret LeFay and the half-sister of Harry Dresden in the "The Dresden Files" series by Jim Butcher.

Does anyone think it's possible ivy could actually be related to Dresden? Some of her past could be incorrect? Could her madness as The archive manifest itself as kumori? I doubt it, and I don't think the height or age makes sense at all. Still we could be dealing with time magic. It's so dumb but it's intriguing.

It also references the Hidden Reserve. Could this be what they call themselves? Fanfic? Lol

What if ivy spent her youngest years with the fey and aged more slowly?

I know ivys mom died by suicide and Harry's in childbirth. Still, we onow she really died by raithe or her own death curse consuming her life force. With Raithes gelding, someone could say she commited suicide to do it. Still it's laughably interesting... we don't know much about Margaret's mom. Could she have been the archive that died in the car accident? All we really have is that she was probably a vanilla mortal.

Also, imagine if Kincaid was the driver for Ebenezer's wife when she died in the car accident, if this was to be believed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 11:38:55 PM by Gigglestomp »

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 11:15:52 PM »
Chat gpt Is an ai chat bot. For the lolz I gave it this prompt...

One of the elements of ChatGPT that has folks nervous about it, is the way it scrapes the internet for content, but then also intermixes stuff that it just invents out of whole-cloth, in a very-hard-to-distinguish fashion.

So it may be coyly inferring from fanfic, or from speculations posted here (or on reddit, or etc).

But it may also be looking at other urban fantasy stories (Aaronovitch, Briggs, Hamilton, etc) and interpolating "similar" phrases.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 11:22:30 PM »
Chat GPT can write fanfic.

It has therefore demonstrated it is NOT intelligent.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 01:24:35 AM »
Called it.  ;) :P

Seriously though, ChatGPT could probably work out some things. Not so sure it has worked out this one though, given it's current reasoning. Which isn't to say that it is wrong.

However, I can't see Kumori being Ivy as Ivy is WAY stronger than Kumori for a start, and also was a small child during Dead Beat whereas Kumori was tall enough to hold a knife to Dresden's throat. And zero chance of Ivy being his half-sister as Margaret has not been said to be the previous Archive. That surely would have come up by now. Also the age gap tends to make it unworkable given both Harry's parents were dead before Ivy was born.

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 05:05:11 AM »

Cowl is really HAL 2000....

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 05:18:32 PM »
Has anyone asked Alexa and Siri?

Online Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 06:26:38 PM »
Has anyone asked Alexa and Siri?

One of them has got to be Kumori..

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 09:46:27 PM »

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 04:13:18 PM »
And zero chance of Ivy being his half-sister as Margaret has not been said to be the previous Archive. That surely would have come up by now. Also the age gap tends to make it unworkable given both Harry's parents were dead before Ivy was born.

Yes, even with the possibility of Nevernever time dilation making her actually older, that doesn't fit for several reasons.

Margaret Sr was
1) Not the type to kill herself over being distraught at becoming the host for a massively powerful mantle (or mantle-ish construct, whatever). Her own dark past gave her much better reasons to be distraught, and she didn't harm herself over that.
2) Not acting like she was bound under any sort of neutrality clause. The "deliberately breed a starborn child" scheme was emphatically not neutral.